Wrong charge on Sail and Sign

Meliss503

Hi, We just returned from our cruise and a charge that was supposed to be refunded was not. On the last day of the cruise we got our statement and was charged for the drinks in the room, which we did not use. We went to the purser's desk and they called our room steward and said it was refunded. However, we were still charged for it on our credit card statement. Is there anything we can do now that we are back home? It was only $16, should I just drop it?

First call Carnival ans try to fix it. If they refuse THEN tell them you are going to dispute the charge with your CC company - they really don't want the mess and should adjust the charges. I believe that you have to dispute the entire amount - not just the $16.00 so it's really not worth it for them to hold up receiving their money.

This happened to me too. We were charged over $50 for drinks in the fridge that we never used.

On the last morning of our cruise we didn't get a copy of our bill like we were supposed to, so I had to go to the pursers desk to ask for one. Before I left the purser I scanned my bill and saw the over $50 charge. The purser wouldn't refund it but filled out a form and said he would look into it. After talking to the purser I went and talked to my room steward. He knew we didn't use anything from our fridge and didn't know how the charge got on our account.

Two weeks after I got home I called Carnival again and they said they would look into it. A month later I finally got the refund on my credit card.

I don't know how this happens but it sure was inconvenient. :(

Thanks for the tips. I called Carnival's guest relations, 1-800-929-6400, and they sent a research request to the accounting department. The nice lady said I'll get a response in the mail and she gave us a reference number.

good luck with getting your refund.....we have only had one charge on our account, ever, that wasn't ours....a 30.00 bottle of wine that our table mates ordered once on Explorer....of course we didn't notice it till we got home, but it did teach us too look a little closer at our account while on board!

Beverly

A lot of these are honest mistakes, and Carnival will correct them once they check it all out.

The items in the mini-fridge are a regular source of complaints about false charges.

On our Valor cruise recently, I took one look in the mini-fridge and decided I did not need anything in there and it we would not use it for our things either (too small and not very cold.) Never had a problem because it was never touched.

I think a lot of the problems may be when passengers decide to put their own stuff in the fridge - and remove Carnival's stuff to make room. That is not what the fridge is there for. It is for Carnival's stuff that they want to sell to you, not for your stuff. If you put your stuff in there it is asking for problems.

Lots of people work out an arrangement with the steward to remove the Carnival stuff, but let's face it, the stewards are busy and don't need that hassle and passengers don't need a fridge for their stuff either.

I don't know how this happens but it sure was inconvenient. :(

All it takes is someone to punch a number in wrong. Ever dial a wrong number? It is that easy. What really makes me cringe is the waiters and bartenders who "remember" your folio number. Convienient as heck, but the potential for drinks to get charged to the wrong folio is there.

Archived