St. Thomas Excursions

scotty22

Hello,

My wife and I are on Navigator of the Seas leaving out of Miami on June 3rd. Does anyone know of any good locally based excursions that include a little bit of everything? I have heard that the shopping and beaches are great.

Thanks

The US Virgin Islands are especially easy to do on your own. Shopping is within walking distance from the dock. Beaches are but a cab ride away. There is a ferry to St. Johns where the beaches are to die for! You can book excursions either on your own or through the ship, or just read up on your ports (any library has books on the islands) and go it on your own!

Try Raymonds Island Tours. Raymond does a great job. He takes a little different path when you tour the Island with him. Very nice person and he will not over croud you on your tour. ONLY FOUR TO SEAT instead of six to a seat like the others do.WE have done GODFREY TOURS:mad: packed in like cattle.Here is Raymonds info Raymond Victorine 340-473-7534 cell ,email raytours2000@yahoo.com. Give him a try I think you will like it.

Hello,

My wife and I are on Navigator of the Seas leaving out of Miami on June 3rd. Does anyone know of any good locally based excursions that include a little bit of everything? I have heard that the shopping and beaches are great.

Thanks

Check out the Ports of Call board for St. Thomas. There is tons of info there: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=133

Big Doug-

We have been to St. Thomas only twice and both time took a private sailboat trip for the day.

I must recommend Captain Pat of the "Ike Witt". He is reasonable in price, lunch is great, gets in the water to snorkel with you so you don't miss a fish. We were 4 women and 2 preteen grils and that day was the highlight of our entire cruise!

Check him out at http://www.ikewittcharters.com I think.

Have a good time.

When we went to St. John we took a day trip to Tortolla and "The Baths". It was absolutely beautiful at the baths (which are huge rocks that make up like caves and lots of places to swim and walk around, there is even a little restaurant there)

Bev

We really enjoyed our day with Sunny Liston and his wife Angela. We did some shopping, some sight seeing and stopped at the beach. All of this for 25 dollars per person.... much less then if going around yourselfg by cab!!! We did not feel packed in like cattle.... there were as many people as there were seats on the bus.

• 11 years later...

2 yrs. ago I researched and helped my daughter pick Marian's Taxi service for her and her husband's honeymoon cruise. Sadly something happened and they were stranded with no tour. A taxi took them to a beach and threw in a stop at Mt. Top and arranged for a ride back from the beach. I'm trying to decide if to take a chance on a tour, book an excursion or just find a taxi when we get off. What do others think?