Nosy website

I've never had a PVP call me and I browse all the time too. I sail in 8 days on the Destiny and booked this cruise with a PVP. I have never heard from her since the day it was booked (I don't even remember her name).

I have had them email me and call me as well. I guess it depends on who the PVP is. But, you don't have to change your contact information. Next time they call just ask to be placed on Carnival's Do Not Call List. All companies are required to have Do Not Call lists for "cold" calls, i.e., non-customers, but they must also have an internal Do Not Call list for customers. If you request to be placed on this list this should eliminate the phone calls at work, home, etc. if you prefer not to get them. You don't have to specify the phone number, just that you don't want to be called.

We got calls from a PVP right after registering on Carnival's website. Emails also. We screen calls, so it seems he gave up on calling since we never answered the phone. :p

Emails easily go to the junk email folder. It's not a problem really. I usually browse for cruises using the Travelocity website. They have better info, deck plans, etc.

kitty

when the pop up window comes up after you are looking around...are you hitting ok or hitting cancel.

Hitting cancel people wont call you.

Doesn't work that way. My PVP will call me when she sees that I have been on line. I have basically told her that I will contact her if I need anything and that I do not need to be contact each time I go on Carnival.com.

Hey - I'm sailing with them in 2 weeks!!

and what's wrong with wanting your fellow passengers to bathe, avoid passing NoroVirus, and dress decently??:confused:

Not a thing.

But I meant any of us "unwashed" Carnival cretins should "clean up" before we go posting on the pristine RCI boards.

You know...because their standards are so much higher than ours...

:rolleyes:

After you create an account and log on to the Carnival website, you'll get assigned a Personal Vacation Planner (PVP). Thereafter, this person will then constantly irritate you with phone calls.

Anytime you log on to the site and browse around looking at itineraries and whatnot, your PVP will call you and say something like "I noticed you were on the website and looking at the cruise on _________; I'd love to help you book it, please call me".

My PVP continues to call me even though we are already booked on a cruise. (I forgot her name and when I called to book somebody else did it.) Anytime I log on recently it has been to look at those very details, and she STILL calls me about it.

Oh my goodness! I've booked my last three Carnival with the same PVP and the only time he calls me is when I send him and email or call him. He's always returned my call within twenty-four hours and has never called me about any cruises that I didn't first ask about. If I were you, I think I'd try to find a new PVP. If you want the name of mine (he's fantastic) just drop me a note . . . ladycaveat@,msn.com.

Oh my goodness! I've booked my last three Carnival with the same PVP and the only time he calls me is when I send him and email or call him. He's always returned my call within twenty-four hours and has never called me about any cruises that I didn't first ask about. If I were you, I think I'd try to find a new PVP. If you want the name of mine (he's fantastic) just drop me a note . . . ladycaveat@,msn.com.

Surely after 3 years on this board you must know you aren't supposed to ask for or give agent recommendations.

I've been registered for years under my screen name and have booked cruises under that one but have never had a call from a PVP. We just booked the 8-day Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale for April 2007. My husband wanted to be able to view the booking under his screen name so we registered him to receive a password and boom! within one day the answering machine had phone calls from a Carnival.com PVP wanting to help him book his next cruise. We booked through our TA and didn't go directly with Carnival. Looks like this may be a new marketing ploy.

My PVP never calls me or emails unless I email him first or call him. I just booked a January one. Then we decided to go back and book a November one for 2 couples. He is great and not a pain in the neck. I hate pushy salespeople. He tells me if the prices have gone down and tries and gets me upgrades. Can't ask for anything better. No one else ever calls me from the site.

Our PVP, Annie, has never called us in the 6 years that she has been working with us. In fact, it is just the opposite with me, I call Annie about every 3 or 4 months. We have been great friends. She sends us e-mail about specials that she knows we might be interested.

Opps . . . my bad . . . :eek:

Poor Tammy. Always getting the board police after you.....Hey I sent you an e-mail just to say hello. So you are doing the Triumph again?? It was truly a great cruise ship.

Go back into your profile and remove your phone number or put a phone number of 555-555-5555. If there isn't a phone number, they can't call you!

i never get any calls.

when i registered i specified '' no phone calls , email only ''. so far it has worked for me and delete button is easy to click on for any emails i dont want to read ;) .

Poor Tammy. Always getting the board police after you.....Hey I sent you an e-mail just to say hello. So you are doing the Triumph again?? It was truly a great cruise ship.

Hi Charlie . . . got your email . . . "you've got mail." Yeah, I know, maybe someday I'll learn to behave. I was on Cruise Critics for several years before they changed and we lost all our prior number of posts. Came back in May of 2003 . . . so if anyone should know CC's rules, I should. I just sometimes get so caught up in the moment and what to help someone and bingo . . . I've done something I shouldn't have. I just call it a "senior moment" . . . :cool:

I check the website once in awhile - matter of fact, I checked something on it yesterday and the day before - NO calls, ever!

I have a great PVP who has booked my last several cruises. She doesn't call me, but emails a few times a year.

BTW, PVPs don't work on commission. They work on getting promotions.

Absolutely 100% false. I used to work for Carnival, and PVP are most certainly on commision. They are paid an hourly wage plus commision.

Absolutely 100% false. I used to work for Carnival, and PVP are most certainly on commision. They are paid an hourly wage plus commision.

I read an article that they start at $16,500 and get $50 per booking. If they don't make $40,000 per year they are fired.

Bill

Well I dont know about that, I know it was strict in that Dept, and all the employees were pushy as heck... at that time the Hourly wage was $10.00 p/hour, and $20.00 for 7 days or longer, $10.00 for less than 7 days. You were not paid until the month after the booking sailed!

Archived