Caribbean Princess Shore Excursion Question

dpal2208

Hi all,

My wife and I will be traveling on the CB 9/30/06 and am looking for outside tour companies on St Thomas/St Johns and St Martin. Last here we traveled in Caymans and Jamaica and found some great outside people for Tours. We toured with Peat Taylor in Jamaica, (he was GREAT!) and book Red Barron Sailing Adventures in Cayman (also FABULOUS). We are looking for the same type things in both ports to come.

If anyone has any information and links please pass them along to me.

Thanks in advance.

djp

I've done the Winifred twice in St. Thomas. It's a very intimate and fun experience. Capt. Sharon takes a maximum of 6 people. It's about a 6-7 hour excursion. You sail for about 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours, then you have time to snorkel (we saw a great variety of sea life & went to a different spot on each trip), then lunch is served followed by the sail back. She is willing to alter the time to fit your ship's schedule. Drinks and a light breakfast is also included. I want to say the price is about 100 per person.

One tour I do NOT recommend on St THomas is the "Godfrey Tour" .. it's inexpensive and IMHO you get what you pay for.. the ride around the island goes thru some pretty unscenic parts, we could not understand a word the "guide" said, the rest rooms at MountainTop were disgusting etc. etc.

In St Maarten IMHO you just can't beat the America's Cup Yacht race that you really need to book thru ship (and early. it always sells out) and the Lord Sheffield tour..

Been to St Thomas a bunch of times and my fav thing to do remains champagne catamaran..

Archived