Summit in Los Angeles

Coolcruise02

Hi!

Think twice before spending the money for the super shuttle.

We were on the April 23 sailing of the Summit to Hawaii and the service was AWFUL.

We arrived at the airport from Toronto at 11 a.m. and waited TWO HOURS before the shuttle came. The woman in charge had no idea what was going on and kept saying the bus was on its way. We finally arrived at the Pier at shortly after 1 p.m. and found a HUGE lineup. Once again we waited in the ot sun for over TWO HOURS before were were able to board the Summit. It was bad enough for us, but there were many much older folks, and families with small children, who had to wait in the heat.

And, the only explanation were were ever given was that it was because the Summit was late docking.

In cost us almost $150 return for the shuttle ( Canadian) and it would have been much more convenient and cheaper to take a taxi. I would never use this shuttle service again.

And, when we disembarked, it weas the same story.

No busses available to go to Air Canada and some other airlines. We waited for almost an hour for the bus to finally come.

The pier at Los Angeles is worst we have ever encountered in 22 cruises.

However, the cruise itself was wonderful.....too bad what happened to the Summit after we left it on May 7.( Sure glad we didn't go on to Alaska)

Cheers,

Carol Ann

Hi!

The pier at Los Angeles is worst we have ever encountered in 22 cruises.

However, the cruise itself was wonderful.....Cheers,

Carol Ann

Agreed!

When you get your final documents you will get the berth number. You can then provide that to super shuttle. I would advise them that the berth number could change so highlight on there that you will be on the Celebrity Summit. Our berth number did change which is why I'm mentioning that to you. But, there were only two ships in port during our embarkation and disembarkation; the Summit and one of the Royal Caribbean ships.

While I used a private car service many people on our cruise pre-arranged shuttles and several used Super Shuttle.

We used Execucar which is also affiliated by Super Shuttle. They provide town cars. I think the price including tip was $65.00. They were already there when we disembarked the ship so there was no waiting.

Keith

Super Shuttle at the LA pier was totally undependable! We had used them from the airport to the hotel, and they were great. They were waiting for us when our plane arrived, picked us right up and took us to the hotel. No problems at all.

At the pier after the cruise was a whole different story. We had scheduled them prior to sailing, everything was paid for, we had vouchers for the return trip from the pier to the airport, we were told to call when we disembarked and they would pick us right up. We followed instructions and were told a van would be there in about 15 minutes, We waited over an hour for the shuttle to arrive. I called them back on my cell phone a couple of times, and each time was told they were on there way, they would be there in 10 minutes. We were starting to worry about missing our flight. Finally, a big van pulled up and picked up only us, despite the fact that there were others waiting for the Super Shuttle. They then drove us to the airport. On the way over to the airport, we could hear over the radio the dispatcher trying to figure out where his vans were and where they were going, and why so many travelers were complaining about waiting so long to be picked up. I didn't bother telling them that it was because their dumb drivers were using 15 passenger vans to transport 2 people from the pier to the airport. :rolleyes: It was a 5 star mess.

If I had it to do all over again, I would just get in line and grab a taxi at the curb, it may be a bit more expensive, but will definitely be a lot less frustrating

Here is our experience with Super Shuttle from/to Lax/San Pedro: LAX was a mess, but it was 3:00 on a Friday afternoon. We had to search out where the vans were, and waited for 45 minutes for the San Pedro Van. The van circles the airport picking up pax. We were the last ones picked up.

It took about 1 1/2 hours to get to our hotel, as traffic was really heavy.

We did not pre pay or reserve this pick-up at the airport. I took the advice from a person here on CC. But, reservation or not, we found the van.

From the ship to LAX: This was a Sunday morning. We got off the ship before our color was called, as I had a reservation for 9:00, and it was 8:45 when we decided to just get off. Finding our luggage was a breeze (probably due to the fact we got off early and no one was picking through our luggage group). We wheeled our bags right out the door, and straight into the SS van that was waiting for us. There were 4 others in the van, and we did not encounter any traffic at all. It worked perfectly. We did pre pay and reserve this trip.

So, I guess everyone's experience depends on many variables.

However, the limo sounds good, and I may spring for that on our next cruise in Feb...Panama Canal on the Summit.

Another BAD SuperShuttle experience here! Upon arrival at LAX, we had pre-reserved with them. We were on time, I phoned to make sure they were coming...and then the 2 hour wait began! They kept telling us 15 minutes the whole time!!!! I'd try any other service next time!

This thread again goes to show how people can have completely different experiences at different times with the same company. We phoned Super Shuttle and were quoted a price of $47 to take two people to the pier in San Pedro from the airport hotel where we were spending the night before the cruise. We were delighted to learn that they would pick us up right at the hotel so we would not to need to lug our bags back to LAX airport to meet the shuttle there.

The following morning, the shuttle picked us up at the hotel entrance right on time and took us straight to the ship in San Pedro. We did not even need to provide the berth number. The driver had it. The ride took about 30 minutes. It could not have been smoother or easier and we could not have asked for a better driver.

We were very pleased with our one Super Shuttle experience in LA in every way and would have recommended the company highly, since we were totally unaware of the problems other people had with them until reading this board.

You're absolutely right! We did have a perfect experience in Oakland at the beginning of that very trip....But the odds against you in Los Angeles, are NOT in your favor. Since we live here, we have heard stories from local friends and Super Shuttle really needs to look at their service here!!! Wondering if language barrier might be a factor....what I was hearing on their walkie talkie/phone system was NOT good!!!!

Archived