Waitlisted on Dawn Princess

dtvacruiser

You can pick what category and it is that and above. I started out waitlisted for balcony BF and above and now am waitlisted for everything on the ship. I just called again and 11 days to go and still not one cabin cleared. You would think that out of all cabins on the entire ship someone would have to cancel for some unforseen circustance. Well, 11 days to be nuts.

10 days to go no cabin. Is there anyone out there on this cruise? Is anyone planning to cancel?

At this point I'm sure no one plans to cancel! What air arrangements have you made - in case you get to go?

When you waitlist........is it for a specific category.......or for any category?

Good luck.....hope you get it...:)

You can specify that you will only take a mini-suite(example) and nothing else. Or that you will take any cabin. You still have to pay a hefty deposit.

To NancyIl: I signed up for Princess air on the waitlist. I can't reserve any of the cheap tickets outside as they are nonrefundable. Sure hope someone cancels. Not many days out. Only one person, I thinks has replied to this thread and said they are on this cruise.

Anyone out there going?

I figure you still got about four days left -- given the three days or so that the Coast Guard wants the final manifest to be set.

Probabilities say that the odds are still with you. With @1000 Cabins, someone is almost sure to cancel last minute.

My bet is that you're going! But, to cover all bases I'll also light a candle for you when I'm at St. Lucys this morning.

I sure hope you are right. Cutoff is 48hrs before, I was told by Princess. That would be 4pm Thursday pacific time. I'm going to die if I don't get on. Every time I check I'm still #1 on list. You would thing there would be one cabin.

I am on this sailing and Princess contacted me today for a "move over" offer. They would give me a balcony and $500 to move to the July 29 sailing. I can't do it but perhaps others can. Good luck and let us know.

A balcony and $500.......pretty hefty offer......sounds like they have a few too many cabins oversold.

Here is what I found out about waitlist categories -

When we were booking our last cruise (Sapphire Princess 5/06), we wanted a category which was waitlisted. I was unsure about making this type of reservation but I decided to book it and wait and see what would happen. In the meantime, I checked the deck plans in the Princess brochure and saw that there were only two cabins in the category we wanted. We were a little worried that our waitlist wouldn't clear (this was in March of 06). I called Princess and asked about the waitlist situation and the fact that I only saw two cabins in this category. The agent at Princess confirmed that there were only two cabins in that category. This had me a little worried so we decided to pay a little extra and book a guranateed category. The agent at Princess and I had a very nice discussion. She explained to me that sometimes the Princess ships might only have one or two cabins in a specific category. She said she wished they'd just merge them and not have so many categories but that's the way it is. If you check the deck plans in Princess brochure, you will see how many cabins there are in a specific category.

The interesting thing is that the next day our waitlist cleared. My TA called me to let me know that it had cleared but it was actually more expensive than it had been when we waitlisted. I asked her about this. She said that the price is the price at the time the waitlist clears not the price it was when you went on the waitlist. Boy, was I glad we had decided to pay a few bucks more and get the guaranteed category. Actually, I should clarify, it wasn't a "guarantee" category, it was a "book your category and select your cabin" thing.

It all worked out great for us, we booked a mini-suite and Princess upgraded us to a Premium Suite. What luxury!

Good luck dtvacruiser! Let us know what happens!

200612092300_2.gif

Archived