Can't get RCI to apply 1-day sale credit

I booked and deposited a cruise (RCI website) May 12 during the 1 day $100 off promotion. The $100 reduction has not yet been applied to my booking. I've made 3 calls to customer service. The people I get either don't know anything about it or say it will probably be applied later. The rules on RCI's website stated:

"Make a reservation for a select 6-night or longer 2006 cruise vacation and save $100 per stateroom!* This fabulous offer is available today only. Don't wait. Make your reservation now and look forward to a spectacular new adventure.

Royal Caribbean International will automatically deduct the $100 per stateroom savings within two business days of the date the reservation is made. "

Yes, it should apply. I wondered as well but I read and reread the fine print which says:

"This promotion is per stateroom and valid on all 6-night and above Royal Caribbean International® 2006 sailings (excluding Freedom of the SeasSM except for June sailings) for new bookings only, made, named and deposited on May 12, 2006. This offer cannot be combined with certain restricted fares. Offer is not combinable with any other offer unless expressly stated therein. Discount applies on a per-stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Royal Caribbean International will automatically deduct the $100 per stateroom savings within two business days of the date the reservation is made. If name change occurs, additional charges may occur.**

There were several exemptions..........For example....I read where only Caribbean cruises out of the NE were included..........(as far as Caribbean ones)

What cruise did you book??

I'd call the Crown & Anchor desk if your a C& A member, explain what's going on. I had made a booking and then 2 days later got the next C & A mag that had a coupon in it for my sailing. I called the Crown & Anchor desk and they applied it. If you're not a member, keep calling customer service (reservations) and start working up the supervisor ladder until you get either an explanation as to why they won't honor the 1 day sale or get the $100 applied.

I just called the C and A dept and spoke to someone at the Diamond Plus desk............to my pleasant surprise,my cruise is a qualified one(Adventure of the Seas)...........so thanks OP,for this post.........I know to keep my eye on my balance!

Great! I'm going to give them til Friday (two weeks) and start calling again.

Yes, all 6 night or more cruises booked that day (except the Freedom of the Seas spelled out in the fine print) should qualify.

Doesn't it make you wonder why they just don't give the discount right when you book? It seems like extra trouble for everybody.

Jennifer

Apparently RCI's rationale for offering this credit was to encourage new clients:) who will have to obtain a passport if they want to cruise after next December.One of the restrictions is that it cannot be combined with most other credits or discounts. When we booked a future cruise while we were onboard the Freedom last weekend, we learned that we could not get that credit as well as our credit for booking while on a cruise. Since the credit for booking another cruise while onboard was greater than this "passport" credit, we decided to forego it for the larger one.

Ok then I'm really confused. The promotion said it was May 12th/$99 off for 2006 Cruises. We booked Alaska cruises for 4 on Tuesday May 10th but they are for 2007 Cruises. Are you saying we would have received the $99 off for next years cruises? Live & learn if you received the discount for cruises for next year, I didn't think it was applicable. Oh well. Fingers crossed for a future coupon.:)

Bill....hate to disagree since you are an expert:) ,but we booked the AOS while onboard the EX and we are getting both(shipboard credit and the $99off).

Kathy - I'm glad that you were able to get this added benefit. What I posted is what we were told when we were on the Freedom last weekend, but since it is a new promotion, I am not surprised that it might be interpreted differently by various individuals. It is very possible that we were given incorrect information but if it turns out that what we were told is correct, they should still honor your credit since their representative made the commitment.

The $99 off of the cruise discount is really wierd. Does anyone know the exact wording of the discount? We booked our first cruise with RCI for May 2007 and didn't even know about the discount then today when looking at the on line reservation summary saw that the discount had been applied to our cruise.

Well there is also a $99 discount for "select" cruises that were booked within 45 days of release date, just to make it more confusing, primarily Caribbean and Bermuda. Maybe that's what yours was. I didn't wait to book on the May 12 one day sale date, because of the 2006 limitation. :o

It is all very confusing.:confused: .......I think we could ask ten RCCL reps and get ten different answers..

I'll let you know when and IF I actually see that $99 off my balance.....

Archived