late disembarkation-carnival

steph7021

We cruise Conquest in November. I read so many threads about how to get off the ship in a hurry. What if you are not in a hurry? How long can you stay on? What meals can you get that last morning?

Thanks!

We cruise Conquest in November. I read so many threads about how to get off the ship in a hurry. What if you are not in a hurry? How long can you stay on? What meals can you get that last morning?

Thanks!

If you are not in a hurry, you can have a leisurely breakfast and relax somewhere. Most ships request you vacate your stateroom around 830AM-900AM. Find yourself a comfortable chair/sofa in a lounge somewhere, pull out your book and wait until they call your luggage tag color. The longer you wait, the less pushing and shoving you will be exposed to. So many people think that they simply MUST be the first off that they hang out in the hallways, on stair cases, near the exit and complain about "how long this is taking". This, in spite of the fact, the ship will make announcements to PLEASE don't stand in the stairs and halls...Believe me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation by just waiting. The ship will not sail with you on it! There will be many, many announcements that all people must vacate the vessel.

The only meal you will get is the breakfast that day. In addition, all of the snack bars, grills, bars, etc will be closed. The crew is trying to get everything cleaned up and stocked for the next bunch of happy travelers who will start boarding about 11:00 - 12:00.

So- if you wait for the crowds to thin out---then should you self assist or have your bags picked up the night before?

Thanks!

If you want to wait, then you have to put the bags out the night before. The self-assist passengers are off of the ship first and are given a specific time window.

I stayed on my last cruise until they were practically begging us to get off. That was about 10:30 AM on the Valor (on Christmas Day).

Thanks!

If you're not in a hurry, you can get a little more sleep...but not much, and have more time for breakfast. Basically, once you go to sleep the night before, the cruise is over. The next morning the staff is hustling to get ready for the next cruise. All that will be open is breakfast and photo areas, and service desks (which will have a long line). Most just want to get off the ship since everything is shut down, even if they have a late flight.

In addition, all of the snack bars, grills, bars, etc will be closed.

I was very surprised to see the Fantasy Lido Deck Pool Bar open on the morning of our debarkation last week, but judged by the number of people walking around with bottles of beer, it was getting plenty of business. I don't remember any bar being open on the last morning on any other ship I've been on.

Also, do not feel pressured to hurry through breakfast just because they are calling you tag color. You do not have to leave when they call your color, they just want you to atleast wait until it's called so they can avoid large crowds trying to leave at once. We leave when we are good and ready and then our luggage is easy to find as most of the other luggage in our color's area has been removed.

I was very surprised to see the Fantasy Lido Deck Pool Bar open on the morning of our debarkation last week, but judged by the number of people walking around with bottles of beer, it was getting plenty of business. I don't remember any bar being open on the last morning on any other ship I've been on.

I remember most of the ships I've been on usually having one bar open in the morning of departure and working on a cash basis.

You are absolutely right. They do have one bar open/cash only......sorry 'bout that!

Thanks for all the info- We are first time cruisers- I am convinced we won't be in any hurry to leave! We will be driving home from Galveston to Denver! There are 4 of us and we decided we are still young enough to road trip it and save $$$. We plan on driving straight through to get home Monday morniningish. Anyway- we are totally the "wait till the stadium is empty" kind of people---as opposed to the "leave in the 3rd quarter" kind of people- LOL! Since we are also driving straight through from Denver to Galveston---any suggestions about freshening up before we get on the ship at the beginning of the cruise? I am sure we'll arrive around 10 in the morning. We'll need to change and have red bull with vodka----be ready to go!!!!

I don't know if this is standard or not because i never really checked it out but our last cruise on the Destiny, we were the second to last color to be called off the ship so we had a long wait, (it was about 11am) i was board so i started wondering the ship and found that the pizza stand was open and serving passengers, there was a hand full of passengers sitting around eating so i ordered me a few slices.

anyone ever heard of this or is it just a fluke?

Last week on Elation they called colors for self assist and not for the other decks. We were told at the dembarkation meeting on Saturday that they prefered you to do self assist if possible.

The order was self assist by colors

VIP

Persons needing assistance

General debarkation (no colors called for the decks)

Everyone was off by 10:00.

Thanks for all the info- We are first time cruisers- I am convinced we won't be in any hurry to leave! We will be driving home from Galveston to Denver! There are 4 of us and we decided we are still young enough to road trip it and save $$$. We plan on driving straight through to get home Monday morniningish. Anyway- we are totally the "wait till the stadium is empty" kind of people---as opposed to the "leave in the 3rd quarter" kind of people- LOL! Since we are also driving straight through from Denver to Galveston---any suggestions about freshening up before we get on the ship at the beginning of the cruise? I am sure we'll arrive around 10 in the morning. We'll need to change and have red bull with vodka----be ready to go!!!!

I will be doing the same as you but just driving to Oklahoma. I'm never in a big rush to leave because I would rather have a lot of the cruise traffic out of the way when I start heading home.

If you will be arriving to Galveston around 10 embarkation morning, I would drive down to the Seawall and find a restaurant there to freshen up. I know you will pass a McDonalds on the way to Seawall and there is a Wendy's, Denny's, and a couple of other fast food places on Seawall. They usually don't allow you to start boarding until about 11:00 so you would have plenty of time to get to the pier.

• 8 years later...

Hi, I'm travelling on the Carnival Valor with my family in October. First cruise ever for all of us. So excited!! We dock back in Barbados about 7am and our flight back to the UK is not until 7pm. I know we will have to leave the cabin quite early, but odes anyone know if we can stay on board ship until early afternoon. And is there anywhere to store our luggage? Many thanks for any replies

Hi, I'm travelling on the Carnival Valor with my family in October. First cruise ever for all of us. So excited!! We dock back in Barbados about 7am and our flight back to the UK is not until 7pm. I know we will have to leave the cabin quite early, but odes anyone know if we can stay on board ship until early afternoon. And is there anywhere to store our luggage? Many thanks for any replies

No...the next cruisers will be getting on the ship! Carnival may have a luggage storage excursion package for the day..that would take you to the airport.

Take your time. Sleep till 7:30, shower and dress. Head up for a leisurely breakfast and an extra cup of coffee. Then find a quiet spot with a comfy chair and read until we MUST get off. No hurry....

Thanks!

No...the next cruisers will be getting on the ship! Carnival may have a luggage storage excursion package for the day..that would take you to the airport.

Wow. This thread was started in 2006 and the OP is still around to respond to the member who revived this thread.

Wow. This thread was started in 2006 and the OP is still around to respond to the member who revived this thread.

That's amazing. So many longtime members have disappeared in just the 2½ years that I've been here.

We have never been in rush to get off the ship. Normally you will be off the ship by noon or 1pm at the lastest. We have always been off the ship by noon.

Wow was going to say the poster was wrong and than realized the date was 8 years ago. Boy things have changed.

Barbados on Valor is different as most people get on and off in San Juan you can probably stay on late

Oh my! That was my first cruise! These threads pop up in my tapatalk "participated" threads!

Barbados on Valor is different as most people get on and off in San Juan you can probably stay on late

I agree-- its better to talk with someone on the ship about the debarkation on the barbados leg.

I dont know if you gotta go through customs and immigration the way they do here--- and if so you will have to go early because the people do not stay all day and night.

Are you getting on in Barbados-=-== you can ask there too