Entertaiment Book for Hawaii

Giantfan13

Does anyone know if there are discount coupons for the USS Missouri and the

USS Bowfin up to a family of four? Would like to do the Explorer's Tour on the

"Mighty Mo". I want my teenage daughters to see first hand how a seamans

life was spent during the war from a US Navy Seabee vet (1969-1971).

Thank You for your help.

The Bowfin Coupon is buy one get one free.

The Missouri Coupon is 50% off admissions up to 4 people.

There is also the Home of the brave tour which will take you all over the island at numerous WWII sites. That I understand is wonderful.

If you have a DOD ID card, you can drive onto Ford Island and see the Utah Memorial on theother side of the island. It is unfrequently visited but is quiet and peaceful... Also in December, the air museum on Ford Island is planned to be open. December 7th to be exact. They are converting some WWII buildings and the air tower (used in the movie Pearl Harbor as well) into a museum.

Finally there is a military museum at Fort Derussey Park which is next to the Military Hotel, the Hale Koa. It is free. Use your ID to get discounted parking at the Hale Koa's garage as well.

If you need more Military Member advise, let me know.

:)

Suebee,

Do you know if we can use the discounted parking for the Hale Koa overnight if we have a military ID but are not staying at the hotel?

Also can use have day use of the hotel facilities/ resturants if we are not staying at the hote?

Thanks

Deb

You can park at the hotel any time and get that discount as long as you show an ID. You do NOT get validated at the Hale Koa. Your "validation stamp" is your ID.

You can use the restaurants, PX, travel services, florest, shopette, coffee stand, bars, and one of the pools with your ID. My husband has used the fitness facilities but they say that you need to pay $8 for use of the facility (towels perhaps?). One of the pools is a stay-only pool. You can also attend the shows....magic show, polynesian revue and luau...and the tickets go on sale 1 month early for those.

In fact, the luau is normally twice a week but a third show/week was just added due to popularity.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I was just on the site and couldn't find any information on the 2007 book. I believe earlier in this thread it was mentined that if you bought the 2007 book now you could get the 2006 for free. Did I miss the special or did I look in the wrong place? Also, did I read that some of the coupons you could use in your home town?

Thanks.

Suebee,

Do you know if we can use the discounted parking for the Hale Koa overnight if we have a military ID but are not staying at the hotel?

Also can use have day use of the hotel facilities/ resturants if we are not staying at the hote?

Thanks

Deb

Unfortunately, prices at this parking lot have gone up (they actually charged my DH and I for each of our motorcycles to park there). I would check the military rates BEFORE parking there. The last time I was there, it wasn't that reasonable. If you can stay there, I would DEFINATELY recommend the Hale Koa. Beautiful hotel!

I was just on the site and couldn't find any information on the 2007 book. I believe earlier in this thread it was mentined that if you bought the 2007 book now you could get the 2006 for free. Did I miss the special or did I look in the wrong place? Also, did I read that some of the coupons you could use in your home town?

Thanks.

Check out entertainment.com to pre-order the '07 book. I think you even get a free '06 book if you do. :o

Archived