I saw a man steal a bathroom!

A few years ago, I came up with idea of collecting the small soaps and shampoos from members of my workforce, which numbers in the 1000's. Employees travel a lot, for work and for pleasure, so I figured it would be a painless way for people to do a little good. I used to put out big collection boxes in each site and pick them up when they're full, but now people just send me bags and boxes of them through interoffice mail.

We donate them to the Salvation Army, who uses them in several ways.

Sometimes when I'm in a swank hotel, I'll leave a note for the maids (along with a tip), saying what we do with them, and oftentimes they leave tons of them - or at least a new set for every day.

I have no problem with taking the extra soaps in my hotel room or stateroom, but draw the line at pilfering (or outright stealing!) anything else!

I took a half used roll of toilet paper from the Sovereign this past February.

It was a totally selfish act.

You see, DH has irritable bowel syndrome. He had a flare up on the drive into PC due to the breakfast we ate that morning. It was the weekend of the Daytona 500, so every just about everywhere he stopped to take care of business had no TP.

To be delicate about the matter, we had to stop at Walgreens to buy him some new undies before boading the ship.

I took the roll so as to not have this situation reoccur on the way home--I was going to be in the car with him for 8 hours!!!:eek:

It wasn't funny at the time, but it is hilarious to us now--how he reduced me to stealing toilet paper.

I promise I won't go anywhere near the alligator bread things.

LOL,

I love it. On my next cruise, I am going to watch everyone that looks at these bread things on the Grand buffet. Those that laugh, I will know are Cruise Critics and have read my posting. :D

I took a half used roll of toilet paper from the Sovereign this past February.

It was a totally selfish act.

You see, DH has irritable bowel syndrome. He had a flare up on the drive into PC due to the breakfast we ate that morning. It was the weekend of the Daytona 500, so every just about everywhere he stopped to take care of business had no TP.

To be delicate about the matter, we had to stop at Walgreens to buy him some new undies before boading the ship.

I took the roll so as to not have this situation reoccur on the way home--I was going to be in the car with him for 8 hours!!!:eek:

It wasn't funny at the time, but it is hilarious to us now--how he reduced me to stealing toilet paper.

I can understand completely. I have IBS as well as colitis, so when one or the other (or both simultaneously :( ) goes into flare, it can be pretty embarrassing. "What do you mean, you need to go to the ladies' room again?" I always carry extra tissues and sanitary pads in my purse, more than the average woman would need - just in case.:o

Thankfully, I've never had to stop to buy new underwear - yet.

My husband and I got back from Virginia Beach on Sunday after a week-long trip. We stayed at a fairly nice resort right on the boardwalk. The resort that we stayed at would only supply one roll of TP at a time. When we arrived, there was no TP in our room, not even a partial roll. I called the front desk and housekeeping brought a roll about 2 hours later (Thank God there was a bathroom in the lobby!). When that roll got over half-finished, housekeeping still hadn't left another one so I called again. They brought 1 roll about 4 hours later. By mid-week, I started calling every morning for a roll and left 3 under the sink so (hopefully!) the next guests won't have to call for it.

Hubby and I are wondering if there is a TP shortage in VA so they have to ration it. Maybe so many people have been stealing TP from this resort and the resort has decided to give out one roll at a time to prevent theft. I'll blame it on the cruisers driving down from Norfolk and cleaning out all the supplies. We were supposed to have dishes, silver, and glasses for 6, but about half of those were missing before we arrived.

I work as a flight attendant, and we've been collecting hotel amenities for years to send to battered womens shelters. Every lounge has a big box, and we just throw them into it. I never thought I would be the recepient of these goods, but I was. I was working Katrina Animal rescue after the storm, and we were at an old warehouse in New Orleans. It was blistering hot, filthy, and we slept in our vans. We had to bathe with a hose, and you never knew when the water would be running. Our happiest day was when the Red Cross came by and dropped off a big bag of hotel goodies. They may well have been collected by one of your groups!:)

As far as TP goes, we have a closet in the back of the 737 that holds TP along with other things. Once on landing, the closet door flew open and about five rolls of toilet paper rolled down the aisle. Not one of them was there after everyone deplaned:eek:

I REALLY like those cute little mints that the cabin attendants put on the pillow each night. On the last night of the cruise, we saw our cabin attendant in the hall and I mentioned how much I enjoyed those chocolate mints - next thing I knew there was a knock on the cabin door and there he was holding 2 sanitary napkin disposal bags full of those mints! :o

I work for a company where quite a few of the employees travel frequently. We all bring back the little bottles of whatever. Why? We serve as greeters at DFW Airport and we put these bottles in the goodie bags that we hand out to each returning service person. Last year we handed out over 2000 bags in a one week period. I always carry my own stuff with me but, I always take the little bars of soap, bottles of shampoo, mouth wash etc with me.

On the Rhapsody earlier this year, I watched women clean out the supply of sanitary napkins in the public washrooms. At that point, I started to understand why we're usually charged 25 or 50 cents in a washroom for them. Sheesh...

If you open your eyes and see that good can come from what others judge as wrong or distasteful you would be able to see reality outside of your bubble of rightiousness.

Was there anyone on here who suggested you shouldn't take the little soaps and shampoos and stuff? If so, I missed it.

Tracy

I have to admit, I have only stolen tp once and that was in high school. We went to the bowling alley to steal the really large rolls that are commercial and are about 6 rolls in one. After taking a few of those, we were able to tee-pee our boyfriends home very easily. Most of the fun was getting the tp out of the bowling alley. I chalk this up to high school stupidity now.

I usually leave the shampoo, etc. or whatever I don't use in the hotel or ship anymore. I figure its one less thing they will have to stock our room with. I always bring my own anyway.

I was on the Celebrity Century February 2000, and got to witness the most hilarious thing ever!

On the third night out, leaving San Juan, we had our Island Night celebration. It's also the night they have melon displays, sherbet, and all kinds of fruit. On this particular night there was a large group of people carrying around their canvas totes that are placed in the rooms as sounviners, taking all the mangoes they could find.....not any other fruit! These bags were BULGING!! Now, this group was going CRAZY grabbing the mangoes...who cared if any of the rest of the 1800 passengers wanted any.....tough!

After much looking, and tearing all of the displays apart that were by the pool, the 20 or so people were about to give up when they spotted a display of 2 smaller tables in a roped off area by the hot tub area. There were 3 tables set up between the 3 covered hot tubs....one with a volcano on it (for decoration), and two more tables covered in the assorted beautiful fruit, with ice scupltures. Once the group spotted these roped off tables, they made a running for the mangoes! One lady in her excitement forgot the hot tubs....and ran right into the middle of a canvas covered tub!!!! I can tell you, the ropes will hold a human body above the water, but not enough so it doesn't slosh over you. She was BEACHED, with her companions STILL grabbing at the mangoes!!!!

We were actaully above the mele' filming, and had it on video for quite some time. When we went to watch it last year (got to discussing it at dinner, and just had to watch it again!), the tape started skipping:( !)

By the way, one of the ladies friends finally put down her own bag, and helped her off the canvas covered hot tub!

Now.....with only 4 days left of the cruise, we still wonder to this day....what were they going to do with all of that fruit!!???

Take Care,

Jaime

I sure would like to have seen their faces when they realized that they couldn't take the favorite fruite off the ship!!! What a sad perdicament. LMAO

I sure would like to have seen their faces when they realized that they couldn't take the favorite fruite off the ship!!! What a sad perdicament. LMAO
It just occured to me that this fruit "gathering" may have been part of the scavenger hunt that the ship CD puts on. ;)

Archived