Pre-cruise Hotels In Miami

englandsrose

We have just booked a 7 night cruise on the Jewel out of Miami on 31st December, and as part of the deal with NCL here in the UK, we get 3 nights at a hotel in Miami pre-cruise. The only one available is the Radisson in downtowm Miami, which we have had to take (the others were the RIU and Holiday Inn at Miami beach, but they were both full) - however after looking on tripadvisor, it has dreadful reviews and appears to be in a really bad area - has anybody had any experience of this hotel and should I cancel it:mad: or is it ok? I am ok with only ok, but if it is as horrendous as tripadvisor is making out - we might be tempted to cancel and rethink our plans, as we will have 2 young children with us and don't want take any risks with them.

We cruised on Spirit out of NY last New Years and had a fantastic time, although the seas were a little rough and my son was sea sick, so this year we thought we would go out of Miami and hopefully avoid the swells. We have also persuaded some other family members to join us, and it will be a real let down if the hotel NCL have booked is dreadful.

Any help anybody can give will be great.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
We have just booked a 7 night cruise on the Jewel out of Miami on 31st December, and as part of the deal with NCL here in the UK, we get 3 nights at a hotel in Miami pre-cruise. The only one available is the Radisson in downtowm Miami, which we have had to take (the others were the RIU and Holiday Inn at Miami beach, but they were both full) - however after looking on tripadvisor, it has dreadful reviews and appears to be in a really bad area - has anybody had any experience of this hotel and should I cancel it:mad: or is it ok? I am ok with only ok, but if it is as horrendous as tripadvisor is making out - we might be tempted to cancel and rethink our plans, as we will have 2 young children with us and don't want take any risks with them.

We cruised on Spirit out of NY last New Years and had a fantastic time, although the seas were a little rough and my son was sea sick, so this year we thought we would go out of Miami and hopefully avoid the swells. We have also persuaded some other family members to join us, and it will be a real let down if the hotel NCL have booked is dreadful.

Any help anybody can give will be great.

Thanks

Just found your post when looking for info on Radisson. We are in the same situation. Booked NCL Pearl for Dec and have 3 nights post cruise at the Radisson, have also read Tripadvisor (help!!). What did you think? Cheers

We stayed at the Radisson two years ago and the view was nice from our room but the alarm went off all night and unless you have a car it was kind of dangerous to walk. We walked a block to the train tram thingy and went to Bayside, cant believe we are still alive! We were all scared! There must be better places closer to Bayside so I would keep looking!

Archived