Live from Tahitian Princess

calikak

Hi Everyone!

We are just pulling into Bora Bora for the last time. Today is our last day in Tahiti and this evening we start heading back to Hawaii.

So far it has been and interesting 2 cruises. We have had a lot of rain and it is getting just a bit tiring. But other than that, the ship is beautiful and we are enjoying ourselves. Keep hearing that this is so unusual for this time of year to have rain, which is what I had read in the past also.

We left Raiatea several hours late this morning due to wind. The Captain announced at about 7:30 this was the reason for the late departure. So we are definitely about 2 hours late arriving in Bora Bora. It is a beautiful day, thank goodness, so this will help.

The turn around day in Papeete was nice for us. But it rained there also, which made the ship seem so incredibly packed. They were calling people to disembark until pretty late in the evening. Truly I was glad we weren't one of them. Flying back from Hawaii will be so much nicer.

The ship is so nice and we are looking forward to a couple days at sea before we get to Christmas Island. Hopefully we stop.

Agree with Beth that this ship is very nice and the sailings do sell out very quickly. The two that we have been on sold out very early, but a few cabins would open up occasionaly.

Septcruiser06: We definitely are close. Hope you have a wonderful cruise in Sept. I'm so glad we were able to fly in 2 days ahead and stay at the Intercontinental in Papeete. Wish we had actually gone ahead another day also. That was a beautiful place.

Well the Capt. is talking and they are just launching the tenders. Have a great weekend and I can't believe how quickly these cruises are moving along. I'm just not ready for Tahiti to be behind us.

Susan

[B][COLOR=darkred]Susan,[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#8b0000][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#8b0000]Thanks again for the report. It makes me want to go back, and brings back memories of the other two times we were there.:) [/COLOR][/B]

Hi Susan -

My husband and I are thinking about booking the Tahitian Princess for our 25th anniversary. I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me?

Our first thought was to book a BA balcony cabin which are located on decks 6 and 7 forward and aft and deck 8 aft between the owner's suites because of the deeper balconies. After looking at prices, we're thinking maybe we'll book a mini suite.

Do you know anything about the category AC mini suites? There are only 4 of them and they are located on deck 8 forward (8000, 8001, 8002, and 8003). When I look at the side view of the ship, it looks like there might be smaller balconies, or more enclosed balconies, or something on these 4 cabins. Do you have any idea if that is true? (I could be looking at the wrong deck in the photo!) I'm just curious as to why they are a different category.

Thanks!

Susan, so glad you're having a good time! Too bad the weather isn't cooperating, hopefully it'll be a little better as you head north and you'll be able to land at Christmas Island. It's nice to break up the sea days with a little time ashore.

Patti, you'll want to watch out for the forward minisuites--someone on our sailing had a minisuite fairly far forward and they had some noise from the ping pong table directly above their cabin. The ones on the port side all the way forward are under the hair salon portion of the spa, so they'd probably be less noisy. On the starboard side, you'd be under the gym and that could be a bit of an issue if people are jogging or dropping weights up there early in the morning. I don't know anything about their balconies, though, so hopefully Susan can find out during the next two sea days. We had one of the aft BA cabins, on Deck 6--see my comments at the start of this thread.

• 4 weeks later...
Today is August 12, 2006,

My parents sailed on the Tahitian Princess May 29-June 10 2006 .

My mother 73 has been ill [U][B](9 weeks)[/B][/U] with norwalk virus like symptoms, upper digestive upset with diarrhea. Her symptoms appeared on June 9th, they disembarked on the 10th so she did not seek care from the ships doctor. She has seen several doctors and had many tests run including norwalk, all are negative save one for bacteria in the upper gastro intestinal tract. They have been unable to isolate the bacteria, and no medication has worked.
Does any one have any knowledge of illness on the Tahitian Princess or any idea of what this might be?
Please help.

[quote name='hobbiehorse']Today is August 12, 2006,

My parents sailed on the Tahitian Princess May 29-June 10 2006 .

My mother 73 has been ill [U][B](9 weeks)[/B][/U] with norwalk virus like symptoms, upper digestive upset with diarrhea. Her symptoms appeared on June 9th, they disembarked on the 10th so she did not seek care from the ships doctor. She has seen several doctors and had many tests run including norwalk, all are negative save one for bacteria in the upper gastro intestinal tract. They have been unable to isolate the bacteria, and no medication has worked.
Does any one have any knowledge of illness on the Tahitian Princess or any idea of what this might be?
Please help.[/quote]

Here is a link to the roll call for that sailing ... [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=192656&page=23"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=192656&page=23[/URL]

I hope they find out what is wrong with your Mom and she is better soon!

My wife and I sailed on the cruise that left Honolulu on June 10. The crew was very diligent about passing out hand sanitizer to everyone entering the buffet and before entering the dining room, but we did not hear of any illness on board during our cruise. I hope your mother gets well soon.

• 1 year later...
[quote name='calikak']Hello from Bora Bora! [/quote]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Beth, I had completely forgotten you had done a 'live from' when you were on the Tahitian. And isn't Neil Chandler the best CD![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Arial][/FONT]

Archived