• Caribbean - Summer 2007
    • Caribbean - Fall 2007
    • Caribbean - Winter 2008
    • Bermuda - 2007 Season
    • Mediterranean - Summer 2007
    • Alaska - Summer 2007
    • Other - Please Suggest
    • I vote for them all :D

1. On RCL group rates are not any lower than FIT rates... until such point in time when the FIT rates go up.

2. Don't hem yourselves in on one date. That date may not have the most

group amenity points. Some dates have no amenity points. Generally speaking the more "off season" the sailing, the most points.

3. Tc's earned are at net... this means less the commission % the agency gets and less port and tax. They are earned based upon the lowest average of cabin category booked. There are also a maximum number of tc's.. and a maximum number of cabins which can be booked into a group, without going into a contract situation.

Could you explain what a FIT rate is?

Oh wow! Yes, I withdraw my Freedom vote for Liberty but, really either one would be great! Don't care about the date, any time in February works for us. Wouldn't "Give Us Liberty" be a GREAT name for the group?

I'm with Nick! Liberty in February 2008 sounds excellent! Early-ish February (1st or 2nd week) would work best for us. If it's not quite spring break season yet, maybe the prices (and group amenities?) might be a little better.

DcJohn, before starting a new thread regarding a potential group cruise, someone needs to be willing to act as a group leader. Otherwise, this board would be full of threads about group cruises that no one is seriously willing to lead. If anyone is interested, they should read the guidelines. Here's the link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupleader.cfm

It will provide all the details of how to organize a group cruise and where to post threads regarding it.

Good luck!!

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

Sounds like you have some interest. Ocnypgz had some good advise. One thing to note if you decide to go President's week - this is a prime week for cruising. There are many school systems who have winter break at that time. Airfare may be at a premium as well has hotels so it may not be advantegous for savings at that time.

Just an FYI for those of you interested in Feb 08...

If you guys don't pick this date you may consider our GC on Voyager from Galveston on Jan 27th 08...

All the info links is listed in my Siggy..

Good Luck with your group!!

I just voted for Feb. 2008. I'm interested in taking a cruise during President's week. My son will be a Junior then and there's no way I can pull him out of school for a vacation. Since our schools are out for the whole week, that's the perfect time for us to vacation.

We have only done the Mexican (pacific side) because we are just outside Vancouver, but I am willing to fly across the country to try a Caribbean cruise....just give me tips on flights....I guess out of Seattle is my best bet for plenty of choices.....

I think it's time to ask for volunteers to be group leader. PerkyBlue did you say you'd be interested in leading the August 3, 2007 group? We also need a volunteer for what appears to be Liberty of the Seas for President's week in February, 2008 (the actual sailing date would be February 16, 2007).

Here is the link for Explorer of the Seas for August 3, 2007

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000LWDPRnJug17vN_AVQQ_G_uT:10ktdmlju?packageCode=EX09L006&sailDate=1070803&date=20073&selectedCurrencyCode=USD&promoType=

And here is the link for Liberty of the Seas for February 16, 2007

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000LWDPRnJug17vN_AVQQ_G_uT:10ktdmlju?packageCode=LB07E004&sailDate=1080216&date=&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

I will lead both groups if necessary, but, am more than willing to turn leadership over to any volunteers for either cruise.

Otherwise, I think we're very close to putting the request in to make it official for both group cruises :D So, let's set the deadline for Monday, June 7, 2006 for Group Leader volunteers.

John

I am willing to be a leader for the Aug. 3rd, 2007 group, but I have never done this before. I know the basics of how it works: we get one fare free for each 8 cabins booked (which I will of course split between the whole group). But I really don't know what I'm supposed to do, so if you would like to be the leader that's fine with me. Our previous thread for the Aug. 3 group inexplicably disappeared. Should I start another one to see who all is interested?

Regarding the August 3, 2007 Bermuda and Caribbean cruise. I'd like to know how insurance works regarding Huriccanes. Does the insurance guarantee our money back if the cruise is cancelled due to a hurricane? And, what happens to those who don't take insurance and the cruise is cancelled due to a hurricane?

Many thanks for your hard work DcJohn, both trips look very inviting.

Here is a partial answer:

Source Link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/purchaseCruiseFaq.do;jsessionid=0000n5F20O2Rnee2XyqiG9cS0kE:10ktdmlju#5

Do I need extra insurance?

Because our liability for loss or damage is limited by the Cruise Ticket Contract, we recommend that all guests check their own insurance coverage. For greater peace of mind, we offer CruiseCare® Travel Insurance, including medical, baggage and Evacuation coverages to protect you during your Covered Trip.

If a hurricane threatens, what will happen to my cruise?

We try to avoid operating any ship in the vicinity of a tropical system and we will monitor the progress of these storms very closely. If there is potential threat to any of our guests or ships, the itinerary may be altered to try to avoid any interaction with the storm or any affected areas.

I am willing to be a leader for the Aug. 3rd, 2007 group, but I have never done this before. I know the basics of how it works: we get one fare free for each 8 cabins booked (which I will of course split between the whole group). But I really don't know what I'm supposed to do, so if you would like to be the leader that's fine with me. Our previous thread for the Aug. 3 group inexplicably disappeared. Should I start another one to see who all is interested?

I have this cruise booked for July 20, 2007, but would be interested in switching to Aug 3 if this is a GC--always wanted to go on one. :D

It looks like we have enough interest for August 3, 2007 to make it official, so, I'm just asking for a group leader. If no one steps forward by Monday, I will take head of the group and, make the request on Tuesday for us to become an Official Cruise Critic group. I'd like to have a few more positive responses before we attempt the February 16, 2008 sailing on Liberty of the Seas.

John

Ok, everyone, last call to cast your votes, as of right now, the majority would like to see the following group cruises organized:

August 3, 2007 - Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda/Caribbean 9 Nights

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000h7Guc5eCgIeXDuhL-RYcN2u:10ktdmnut?packageCode=EX09L006&sailDate=1070803&date=20073&selectedCurrencyCode=USD&promoType=

February 16, 2008 - Liberty of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean 7 Nights

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000h7Guc5eCgIeXDuhL-RYcN2u:10ktdmnut?packageCode=LB07E004&sailDate=1080216&date=&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

If you have interest in either of these group cruises or would like to volunteer to be group leader for either of these cruises please post no later than Monday. If no one steps forward by Tuesday, I will be putting the rest in for both cruises and will be group leader for both cruise.

Thanks.

John

DcJohn - you have my vote for both cruises as group leader.

However, I do have a question regarding the February 16, 2008 cruise aboard Liberty of the Seas. I will be coming from New York and, I see the ship is sailing out of Miami, I would prefer to be able to arrive a day early in the event of snow. My question is, I would prefer to book my own air and hotel, is that possible when booking with a group such as this one?

Any chance the Memorial Day week Bermuda group is going form? Also would anyone be interested in trying to form a group for August 31, 2007 for a 9 night New England/Canada cruise on Explorer?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000fjfKCfV2dWXBa1wiAik8elJ:10ktdmnut?packageCode=EX09N001&sailDate=1070831&date=ANY&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

Any chance the Memorial Day week Bermuda group is going form?

What's the link for the Memorial Day/Bermuda itinerary and exact dates?

We will likely be cruising President's Week 2008, but not sure I can sell DH on the Liberty itinerary. Will certainly keep it in mind though (especially if you get a great deal).

Archived