What is an "L" class room

We've been in an L on one of the HAL ships. It was a normal sized inside cabin.

We were on the Maasdam earlier this month and two of our tablemates had a small sideways inside cabin. We didn't see the cabin, but they said it didn't have a sofa as it was too small. It was an inside cabin on one of the higher decks and I think maybe it was an N; not sure.

We didn't see the cabin, but they said it didn't have a sofa as it was too small. It was an inside cabin on one of the higher decks and I think maybe it was an N; not sure.

We were in an NN on the Zuiderdam and an M on the Oosterdam. Both were small (teeny-tiny) 'sideways' staterooms. Neither had sofas. I'm not sure how those ships compare to the Westerdam, though. I'm not up on my ship 'classes.'

Robin

On the Noordam, they are VERY tiny insides with one chair, table and bed. There is no sofa.

I'm almost sure I was in an "L" class on the Amsterdam this past January, and I didn't find it small at all. I did have a sofa along one wall, with the desk on the other ... and in the main area of the cabin, I had the bed which was set up as a queen. I still had plenty of room to walk around, get to the closets, etc.

Of course, I had the cabin to myself. Maybe with two or three people in there it would have been tight. But, I didn't have any problems.

I do understand, however, that the Vista class ship cabins do run smaller, so perhaps an "L" class there would be tiny.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived