The Majesty with four kids?

teachnh

We have four children under the age of 6. Yes, this is why we need a vacation! lol I can't tell online if there are connecting state rooms on this boat. Would the suites allow for 2 adults and 4 small kids? I am just trying to figure out a way to do this cruise. We live not far from the Boston port so this would be an easier vacation for us. TIA!

Do some searches on Suite and Majesty and you should find some information.

But, I will tell you this, with the exception of high end suites, the term suite is very mis-used on cruise ships. You can pay double or triple the price of an inside cabin, and get a room just a little bigger, and really not enough room to put that many. The most I have ever seen allowed in one cabin is 4, and that is tight. You would need to get at least two cabins. Look at the deck plans and you can see what is connecting.

Good luck.

By the way, you will get some response that a cruise with 4 kids will not be a vacation. Hope everybody gets along well.

I THINK they only way you can do it is with a parent and two kids in each room. I can't see that there are any connecting rooms at all.

Are any of the kids under two? They are not included in the kids program. They do sail at a greatly reduced rate however.

Your signature indicates that you have been on some of the bigger, "nicer" ships. The Majesty is smaller and older.

With all of that in mind, if I were in your shoes I would book it in a heartbeat. The convenience of driving to Boston and spending time in Bermuda makes for a very relaxing trip.

Are any of the kids under two? They are not included in the kids program. They do sail at a greatly reduced rate however

They are 6, 6, 3 & 2. So they would all be able to go into the programs. The convienance of Boston is so attractive. Although this afternoon I did find that the train is a fairly inexpensive way to get to NY. Maybe we could look at cruises out of that port too? Thank you both for your input!

Your best bet, as cruizinwithkids said, is to book two cabins -- each with one adult and two kids. I strongly suggest that you go with cabins that are classified as either SUPERIOR inside or SUPERIOR oceanview. These are about 35 square feet larger than the standard insides and standard oceanviews. With three, you will need the space. (I speak from experience.)

We are cruising in July. My BIL and wife along with kids 18 and 20 are sharing a 108 sq ft room. BIL is 6'7", 300+lbs; rest of family isn't as big, but none are small people. :eek:

I don't think they even like living in the same house so this should be real interesting.:D

Wow, that's going to be one crammed room! Honestly, those standard rooms are small.

I don't think there are connecting rooms on the Majesty. When we went, my husband was in a room with my 4 yr old son and I was in a room next door with my 5 yr old daughter. Not ideal but we still had fun. They LOVED the kids club--couldn't tear them away. Gave us the opportunity to spend some time alone.

Went on the ship last year. Went with 3 other couples and families. We were on the 9th deck, and our room was actually a good size for the 4 of us. Pleasantly surprised I might say. However, sampling the other staterooms that friends stayed in, they were very small. Don't have any information on adjoining rooms or suites however, I wanted you to know about the pools and kiddie programs. Because afterall, you did mention VACATION.

There are 2 pools. Very small, very small, very small. They don't have toddler kiddie pools, and I believe one of the pools is an "adult only". They are deep. Definitely over your little one's heads.

There are not that many chairs available directly around poolside, so keep that in mind also. There is a wooden kneewall that you can sit on that is around the pool, but after awhile, it does get uncomfortable.

The kids program really didn't have a great designated spot...they would gather them up in the lounges and things like that. The infant/toddler room was very small, and after seeing some of the kid's programs on other ships, I knew that I would have felt a little unnerved leaving little ones in there. Not that they wouldn't have been taken care of, just the facilities were seriously lacking. (DEFINITELY AN AFTERTHOUGHT.)

New York is a hop, skip and a jump away, if you are trying to avoid flights. Better options await you elsewhere.

I am not here to bash your choice. Just offering advice on observations and experiences I had personally last year on this ship.

BERMUDA IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL AND WE WERE ABLE TO TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE. However, if I had 4 babies...I would rather have ports where beaches are directly off of the peers. I could make it back and forth on the ships as necessary.

All the power to you. I am not as adventurous as you. and NCL Majesty may be perfect for you. I hope you are happy with your choice that you make. Cruizing is wonderful.

My wife, Kids (now 11 and 8), and I have been on the Majesty for the past 2 summers. We really liked it. We had an outside cabin, DD, Deck 4. We managed just fine with 2 upper and 2 lower beds. Kids crew staff was great...my kids wanted to be with their "kids Crew" friends all the time. Pools are very small and deck space is crowded on the sea days.

We live really close to Boston and the drive to the pier was soooo easy. Bermuda was also great for us, however both are really strong swimmers so the beachs were perfect. We walked everywhere....our kids were old enough to be able to walk on their own.

This year we are going on the NCL Spirit in August out of NYC. We wanted a bigger ship that went to Bermuda and the Caribbean!

Good luck with the decisions.

Went on the Majesty 2 years ago with my kids. All in the sam cabin. I or I should say we had a great time and will due it agein soon(not all in one cabin). But if you can go to NYC i would tell you to go there. The Dawn is the best ship I have been on(7 diffrents ones so far) and the Spirt is also very nice. Both are set up for familys and with yours I think you should do one of them I would tell you the Dawn is nicer but I sailed on her 3 years ago and would love to go back on her. Nice rooms great kids program, they also have a buffet set up for the kids, lower down so they can see the food and small chairs.

Went on the ship last year. Went with 3 other couples and families. We were on the 9th deck, and our room was actually a good size for the 4 of us. Pleasantly surprised I might say. However, sampling the other staterooms that friends stayed in, they were very small. Don't have any information on adjoining rooms or suites however, I wanted you to know about the pools and kiddie programs. Because afterall, you did mention VACATION.

There are 2 pools. Very small, very small, very small. They don't have toddler kiddie pools, and I believe one of the pools is an "adult only". They are deep. Definitely over your little one's heads.

There are not that many chairs available directly around poolside, so keep that in mind also. There is a wooden kneewall that you can sit on that is around the pool, but after awhile, it does get uncomfortable.

The kids program really didn't have a great designated spot...they would gather them up in the lounges and things like that. The infant/toddler room was very small, and after seeing some of the kid's programs on other ships, I knew that I would have felt a little unnerved leaving little ones in there. Not that they wouldn't have been taken care of, just the facilities were seriously lacking. (DEFINITELY AN AFTERTHOUGHT.)

New York is a hop, skip and a jump away, if you are trying to avoid flights. Better options await you elsewhere.

I am not here to bash your choice. Just offering advice on observations and experiences I had personally last year on this ship.

BERMUDA IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL AND WE WERE ABLE TO TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE. However, if I had 4 babies...I would rather have ports where beaches are directly off of the peers. I could make it back and forth on the ships as necessary.

All the power to you. I am not as adventurous as you. and NCL Majesty may be perfect for you. I hope you are happy with your choice that you make. Cruizing is wonderful.

Tobacco Bay is a 15min. walk from the pier in St. George. It is a nice little beach, complete with facilities. Many families use this beach.

Barb

I do not think that there are any adjoining cabins on this ship. I just checked with my parents as well as my brother in law and sister. They say that there are no adjoining cabins on the Majesty. With my 2 times on this ship, our family has been on the NCL Majesty 30 different times.

I hope this helps.

Jim

The kids crew for the younger kids does have a great room on the 9th deck. The security was good when I went with a 7 YO 5-6 years ago. The room was set for the smaller tykes and the staff great.The kids maybe 10 + meet in the other areas.

:)

The kids crew for the younger kids does have a great room on the 9th deck. The security was good when I went with a 7 YO 5-6 years ago. The room was set for the smaller tykes and the staff great.The kids maybe 10 + meet in the other areas

Oh- that is good to know because I was worried about it. Sounds like if we go we will do three in each room. Thanks again everyone! :)

My DH, my 2 DDs (7&5) and myself just got off the Majesty on Sunday. We had a superior outside on deck 4. The room was a good size and we managed well. The kids loved the kids program. The kids also loved the pool and hot tubs. My younger daughter did fine with water wings. The shallow end is 4'. One note: the kids korner was very strict with ages. My youngest will be 6 in a month and they insisited that she be in the 2-5 group while my other DD was in the 6-9 group. That being said she was in a group with little ones who were not trained and had pacifiers. She still had fun and the counselors were wonderful. I felt very comfortable leaving them (some time up to 9 hours a day 3x3hours). It was a wonderful family vacation and we would do it again in a minute.

Good Luck!

It was empty and the Kids crew staff said that they no longer used it the 2 times we were on the Boston to Bermuda trip. I saw a lot of the crew in that area as well....maybe some open deck space for them??

Archived