Credit Card Hold

Az_Redneck

Got my docs today. Says there is a CC hold. How much is the hold so I can prepare to set that money aside? I think I read between $100 and $350 depending on the duration of your cruise. Mine is a 4 day..

How much should I set aside? My wife and I have been building up our onboard credit. I think we're up to $500 for us. Will they use that and not hold the card or still hold the card and just chip away on the credit we have accumulated?

Hey, AZ. I think we're on the same cruise. I seen you on our roll call. I thought that hold is when you fill in your sail and sign when you board. Is that right or is there a hold now?

Hey, AZ. I think we're on the same cruise. I seen you on our roll call. I thought that hold is when you fill in your sail and sign when you board. Is that right or is there a hold now?

It is when you check in and give them the credit card that you are going to use to pay for your Sail and Sign.

I pay by Traveler Check. I dont give them a cc. Just check the balance on TV and if it get low I will give them some more money. To me giving them a cc is like giving them a blank check. If you was to loose your or let say someone picked pocketed you. The could run up a good bill real fast. But giving them alittle at a time there is a limit to what someone could spend. Also no cc bill when I get home. Everything is basicly paid for in cash. Its great if you want to use a cc, but everyone has there own way.

I believe on our 4 day, the credit card hold was $150pp or $200? Can't remember... it's invisible to you as long as you have available credit... it's released a few days to a week after the cruise.

Archived