Chops Menu

Does anyone have a menu for Chops ? I would love to see the actual menu.

Thanks !!!!!

Also a menu for Johnny Rockets ? I LOVE Johnny rockets but wasn't sure if it was the same as the restaurants on land or not.

I do not have a menu from Chops, but we ate there and loved it. It was well worth the extra $20 per person. They have about 6 starters, about 5 or 6 steak selections, and 5 or 6 side choices to choose from. You can choose as many starters and sides as you like. Then they have 4 desserts to choose from. I didn't like the bread, but everything else was good. The filet was a nice size, very tender, and had excellent taste. I hope this helps.

Hi Sue L, and others:

On the 5/21/06 sailing of Radiance, both menus were different from those posted on webshots!

Since it was my first cruise, I don't know if all of RCI's ships have new menus, but the maitre d' told me the Portofino's menu was new (and therefore the surcharge only $15.--still $20. in Chops)

I'll post the menus on a separate thread.

We tried Chops on the Enchantment last July and then tried Oceanliners last month on Celebrity Constellation. We felt Chops was much better even though Oceanliners cost $10.00 more. Chops had a much better menu selection.

We were thinking of dining at Portofino's one night and Chops another night - are you sure that you see the same food at the buffet?

I was on Princess Cruises in 2004 (Grand Princess - Western Carribean) and all the food on the menu of Sabatini's appeared in the buffet so it makes me wonder if you are really getting anything extra except for a spot to sit and dine in a more elegant atmosphere??

Any thoughts anyone?

The dining room served Prime Rib and sirlon steak and the baked potato was small. The food at chops was sooo good. Like someone else said the dining room food is mass produced. At Chops, I got a filet cooked perfect, seasoned corn, and the biggest baked potato I have ever had. The corn, mushrooms, and other sides are served family style, meaing they just bring them each on a separate platter and place them in the middle of the table. The dining room food was just ok, nothing to really brag about, but Chops, now that was something to brag about. Go ahead and try it. You're on vacation, live a little bit. If you don't like it, it will not be the first or last meal that you've paid for that you didn't enjoy. But, I bet you will enjoy it.

As with many things in life, food is the subject of endless debate. If your goal is to "eat", almost any place on the ship will do. If you wish to "dine", you may want to try Portofino's and Chops. Although the menus do reflect the use of some of the same ingredients Cascades uses, the sauces, sides, presentation, and atmosphere are all different. There is no reason to go to one place or another except to please yourself or your companions. No guilt trips or put-downs need be attached to whether you go or don't!

Enjoy your cruise

Sorry if this has been covered before - but does anyone know if Chops will substitute items on the menu, i.e. - fries instead of a baked potato or a plain salad vs the "Chops" salad?

I am traveling with a very picky eater (that loves steak) but don't know if its worth it.

Thanks.

Barbmatt--NO! the buffet menu is entirely different from the dining room!!!!

We ate in Chops--the food was great as was the service. However, this was the 1st cruise I'd been on where I found it necessary to eat someplace other than the dining room. All of our other cruises, the dining room was outstanding! This time, on Brilliance, I found both the food and service and presentation lacking. I hope that was just a fluke--and they're not reducing the dining room experience just to get folks to pay more in an alternate restaurant!

I ate at Chops last week on the Mariner. It was wonderful. Why pay the extra $20?? It our case it was well worth it because it was "extra" as in special. Filet I had was perfectly cooked. Sides of creamed spinach, fried pot's, sauted mushrooms ....makes me want to book another cruise.

Yes...you get good food in the dining room and if you're lucky you get the added benefit of getting to know your wait staff.....but again, the food in Chops was top notch. Reserve when you first get on the ship as they book up fast.

Enjoy

JohnRobert

Well , we travel with our kids, under 12 so that is a good reason why I have not been there. Never been disappointed in the dining room food. But given you all rave about chops--we shall try to do that one of these cruises when we leave the children at home. So when can they be left home with an older sibling? At what age should the older child be? We have an 18 yr old, 11 and 9 yr old. The 18 does not cruise with us anymore. So, given my take on the question--could be another 3 yrs until we eat at CHops.....

So I have to be happy with dining room food! ENjoy all!

Archived