Baby Strollers OnBoard

Hi, we are taking a family cruise this July. NYC to Bermuda, the 5 day cruise on the Explorer of the Seas.:D

Our twin babies are 2 years old. :) I was wondering if we should bring our double stroller, which is a side-by-side. Or should we bring two separate strollers for the babies. I'm worried that the double stroller will not fit through the doors of the ship.:confused:

Any ideas will be helpful.

IMHO, bring two separate strollers. You can get them down the hallways, but no one will be able to pass if you bring a side by side double stroller. Also you are right, you will not be able to get it in your cabin door.

Better yet, leave them at home and let your kiddos run/walk off all that energy and they will sleep quite well.

Hi, we are taking a family cruise this July. NYC to Bermuda, the 5 day cruise on the Explorer of the Seas.:D

Our twin babies are 2 years old. :) I was wondering if we should bring our double stroller, which is a side-by-side. Or should we bring two separate strollers for the babies. I'm worried that the double stroller will not fit through the doors of the ship.:confused:

Any ideas will be helpful.

I've seen doubles, but they were probably impossible to get far down the corridors. There is always a cart or something in the way. You could get one where the two are one in back of the other or bring two singles.

I think you should take the stroller that is most convenient for you.

Your experience using it will probably depend on how many other strollers are being used. The reason I say this is that once on a cruise we happened to end up on a deeply discounted promotional cruise that was promoted to Mexicans out of Alcapulco;the discount for them was so good that many brought large family groups. Out of 2000 passenger 2/3s were the promotion groups. There were probably several hundred strollers on board including at least 100 double strollers and that caused a real problem with pedestrian traffic flow throughout the ship. It was a safety hazard in my opinion that the cruise staff decided to ignor in most cases. On all my other cruises there have been so few strollers that the families were treated like royalty with everyone showing interest and being helpful.

If you can find out about how many young children are on this cruise, you can be prepared ahead of time. But I think your double stroller should be fine in 90% of the cases.

Take the smallest stroller possible--the elevators are quite small, the hallways are narrow, as are most of the doorways. It will be easier for you to manuver and your fellow passengers will thank you!

I've seen doubles, but they were probably impossible to get far down the corridors. There is always a cart or something in the way. You could get one where the two are one in back of the other or bring two singles.

Being a single 60 year old male, I've never had to consider strollers. HOWEVER, I have seen the in-line strollers in shopping malls in the area and other congested areas and always felt that was such a nifty idea.

Having brought strollers on cruises before, I would now choose to bring only an umbrella stroller if I had to. Since your children are two years old, an umbrella stroller would work. The regular stroller, no matter how compact, takes up too much space - especially in the cabin. The umbrella folds easily and can be easily stored during tours and such.

I suggest either taking 2 umbrella strollers or a tandem stroller. I use a stroller called Phil and Ted's and it takes up the space of a normal stroller, but is a double decker. My 2 year old loves to sit on the bottom. Or, the lesser expense would be to take the 2 umbrella strollers and you can buy attachements to turn your 2 umbrellas into one stroller, so when you want a side-by-side (for only 1 adult pushing), you can (for ports, etc) and then seperate them onboard.

Archived