Navigator, Eastern-- a few questions

I have already learned so much in the past few weeks since finding this board. Here are a few questions that still remain unanswered for me.

1. Do the bottom of the price list, inside cabins have fridges/cooler?

2. If I pre-book my excursions through the website and then I decide I dont want to go on the particular excursion, can I get my money back? Or is there a No Refund policy?

3. Do balcony doors stay open, or do we need bungies to keep them open?

4. Does Jonny Rockets do take out?

5. What is anyones oppinion on the Rum Tour? Is it worth it? Or should we just skip the factory and just head out on our own the see the forts?

5. Any other advice, input, helpful info about NOS or Eastern itinerary would be great.

6. How much is a glass of cranberry (or other) juice from the bar?

I know I have more questions, but I am sure that is enough for now.

Navigator is our favorite of the Voyager class. She is beautiful and has a great crew, tho' many of our favorites have gone over to the Freedom. 1. I don't know. 2. You should get a full refund if you cancel more than 24 hours before the excursion. 3. We've never had a problem with doors staying open, UNLESS, you are experiencing a lot of ship movement while at sea. 4. Yes, at least they did 2 years ago. I'm sure no one cares where you take the food.5. I understand the Bacardi Factory "tour" is basically a presentation, not actually going into where the rum is processed. See El Morro instead. I suggest a taxi up to the fort, and walk back to the ship, downhill, thru' Old Town. 6. don't know. Hint, take a glass or two at breakfast and put in your fridge, if you have one.

1. Yes

2. I think you need to cancel ten days before the cruise, if you pre-booked them

3. They don't stay open

4. yes, but whereas you can eat as much as you like if you dine in, I don't think you could order a bunch of burgers to go on one cover charge

5. We enjoyed it. It is not through the actual factory but you see some stuff on the making of rum, the whole cuba thing and other interesting exhibits. We liked it and the drinks were good, too. We found the forts a bit dull.

6. No idea but you can carry it on and keep it in your fridge.

The rum tour is fun, keep in mind that you do not actually see the insides of the production line, you go through a hands on museum of sorts that replicates the process and history of Bacardi. It is pretty cool, it is a whole compound of many buildings. They give you a few free drinks too. The forts are nice too, but not much different than say forts in St. Augustine, Fl. I am not a history buff so they look nice enough from the outside for me. :)

As far as the cranberry juice from the bar, just ask the first bartender you see on the ship. If it costs money, then I'd stock up at breakfast and put it in your room fridge. They don't charge you for juice on the buffet, so not sure if they would at the bar. I usually stock up on a carton or two of milk at b'fast as I love milk and sometimes you don't feel like running back out of the room just for that. Have a good time! :D

There are fridge/coolers in all the rooms.

Pre-booked excursions need to be canceled 10-days prior to sailing.

I was not impressed with the Bacardi Rum Tour, and would not recommend it.

Most mornings I order orange juice from room service, cranberry juice is most likely also available, then it will only cost you a tip.

Have a great cruise:)

Splinky,

Hi long time no talk man! My daughter & I were on the Radiance of the Seas this past April but it wasn't anything near our great trip on the Navigator last year with you guys.

I saw your photos and they were great. How have you guys been doing? BTW, Happy Belated 40th.

Anne

I have cancelled pre-booked tours on 2 different cruises. No problem with refund when done more than 24 hours before the tour. The customer service reps at C&A also advised me of this cancellation policy. I had a slight problem with a young man at the excursion desk on our recent Hawaii cruise on Radiance. He tried to tell me that cancellations had to be 72 hours before the tour. I told him to call his supervisor. Then, guess what? No problem!

Archived