Children on baltic cruises

Any of those who have recently returned from the Baltic, were there at least some kids on the ship? We are going on the Jewel July 3rd, and I'm bringing my 7 year old. I'm hoping she'll have at least a few friends aboard!

I'd hope with Royal Caribbean you'll have better chances that when we did the Baltic on Princess in 2001...

2000 passengers on the ship and WE felt like signing up for the kids program...There could not have been any more that 200 people under the age of 65...

My kids were very frustrated...They went out searching to find EVERY single teen on board...There were exactly TWENTY of them...and that was counting everyone between the ages of 12 and 19...that's out of 2000 people!!!

That's the bad news...

The good news is that it still didn't stop them from having a good time...About a dozen of those kids stuck together like glue the whole cruise...it was sort of an "us against the world" mentality...besides, after about 10:00 every night, when all of the octogenarians went to bed, they had the run of the ship...

Now, I also think part of those demographics was the cruise line itself, not just the itinerary...I think Princess caters a little to an older crowd...the amenities on RCI will bring a few more families...Just make sure your daughter goes to the kids program on the very first day and meets whatever kids are there...

Have fun...

Last August on Constellation there were a lot of kids 5 to 10 years old and even more teens. Not exactly like a Caribbean cruise over Christmas, but a lot more than I had anticipated. The children's program was running full steam and they all seemed to have a great time (they showed a video the kids had made on the in-cabin tv station the couple days of the cruise and it was hysterical!)

I have a feeling Jewel will have even more kids than Constellation because people tend to think more often of RCI when cruising with kids.

In any event, you will all have a great time. This is an incredible cruise. I'd go again in a minute.

Happy sailing.

Joanie

In May on the Jewell, there were a few kids on the ship. My teen had no trouble meeting several other teens and having a good time. We seen lots of younger children under 10 quite often doing things with the childrens clubs. I don't think you should have too much of a problem. We were off season so July should be even better.

• 2 weeks later...

We're on the Jewel August 8th with our 7 year old. So far, although the ship seems full, there are hardly any postings from people on this cruise much less people with kids. If anyone out there reads this and is on the same trip, please, please let me know. We're lucky that our daughter is a real "trooper" and happy to hang with adults (without whining or demanding to be the center of attention!) but she'd be much happier if there are some kids along too. Us grown-ups can get pretty boring. ;)

Ann

Hi - The three of us just registered for the M&M yesterday and we made a total of 17. Not enough for a party yet. Although this cruise is full, not too many people are posting messages about it. I responded to one of your messages before (or you responded to mine, not sure which), there's a couple from London, someone from Malta, and one other woman and that's it as far as I've seen.

Our group is 7, you're 4, so we make up 11 of the 17 right there! I'm betting the other three are couples which then makes our 17. Where is everyone???

Ann

It stands for Meet and Mingle. These are little parties that RCCI throws for its cruise critic guests -- if there are at least 25 that is. There's a link from Cruise Critic to the registration site. They are usually held early on in the cruise and give the opportunity for people that have been corresponding via the boards to meet in person.

Ann

Archived