Noordam - Winter 2007

stellasue

We are thinking about the 10 or 11 day out of NYC next February. Any up to date info out there about how things are going - we've sailed several times on HAL in the past and have always had a wonderful experience.

What kind of "up to date" info are you looking for? The Noordam is currently doing Europe cruises; she'll return to the NYC/Caribbean run next Fall.

There were several reports from the last season.

I know that it first cruised out of NYC in Feb 2006 to the Caribbean. I guess I was looking for more details about the cruise.....actually, I'll just go through previous posts and I'm sure I'll find them. We're really happy about being able to go out of NYC in the middle of the winter without having to deal with flying and precarious weather conditions. Looks like we'll be on the Noordam on 2/7/07.....or if not, the one that sails after winter recess here in the Northeast.

Noordam is a positively gorgeous, sparkling brand new ship. She's doing what I think to be a fabulous itinerary.

We're from Boston so the treat of being able to sail from nearby New York to the Caribbean for 11 days is irresistible to us.

stellasue, Revneal did a "live from" thread when he was on the Noordam's maiden voyage; he also did a thorough review after he returned. If you do a search you should be able to find it.

I did a "live from" thread of the Noordam's third cruise. It's titled The Happy Wanderer Tackles The Noordam.

It's possible either of these could give you some of the info you're seeking.

I believe there were some other reports from other posters.

She is a beautiful ship, and although she's not my favorite size, I could be talked into doing that cruise again for the simple reason that it's so easy to get to.

Hope this helps.

I did the Noordam 11 nite Southern Caribbean in March. It was my first HAL cruise, and I'd go again in a second. The itinerary rocks, the ship is beautiful and leaving from NYC is so convenient. Embarkation was a mess at the time, but I think that's b/c HAL was new to the port.

Archived