Coral Princess Cabin Question

franahan

Thanks fo all your help with our cabin questions. I think we will either go with the BA kind of in the middle of the sets of bump outs or the AD catagory (hopefuly one on the bump out). I'm going to call our travel agent today to get prices on those cabins.

Happy Cruising!

Hi Fran,

We were on the Coral in June '03 to Alaska, our 1st Princess cruise. We took our TA's recommendation who has sailed many,many times to Alaska and on various Princess ships. We booked the BA Balcony Port side ( we were sailing southbound) on the Caribe Deck, Cabin 317 I believe and were extremely satisfied. It was 1/2 coverered and 1/2 exposed and very large The covered portion was more then big enough to sit out under for privacy in the morning as we enjoyed our room service coffee on the balcony in our plush robes. The exposed portion was great for enjoying the beautiful sunshine and blue skies as we cruised Glacier Bay and took in the scenery and great weather. We had a large table and 4 chairs. If we go back on either the Coral or the sister ship the Island Princess to Hawaii, I would book the very same cabin. I promise you will not be disappointed..... We tried to get a BA Balcony on the Caribe Deck for our upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess for Sept. 04 but they were booked up so we now have a BA on the Lido Deck which has a smaller balcony and totally covered. I hope we are not too disappointed. BA Caribe 317 was mid-ship also which was great as far as no motion and close enough to elevators but also quiet. Hope this helps!! You will absolutely Fall In Love with the Coral Princess. She is the perfect size and beautiful!!!!!! Don't miss going to afternoon Tea, the scones are to die for.

I've never been on a ship which has partially covered balconies, so I'm going to ask the s----- question :confused: : What's a partially covered balcony? Is it covered like 50cm from the door?

Does anyone have a picture?

The balcony on the Caribe deck is 9 ft wide by 9 foot deep. The first 4 1/2 feet from your cabin to the railing is covered, the remaining 4 1/2 ft is not... thus partially covered.. What you end up is 4 1/2 x 9 covered and 4 1/2 x 9 uncovered....

Ok you guys know all the cabins!!! OK anyone know first hand about C-410 or C518 on Coral? We are in 410 and our friends in 518. Can't wait to hear because now i'm worried about the outie thing hahaha.

Angie

I have been trying for many weeks and many posts to get the answer to the question about viewing being impaired on the Coral due to bump outs. We are booked into C520 and my sis and bil are in C518. I also asked the question of a fellow poster a few minutes ago on another thread but I believe the person is heading out for a cruise tomorrow so probably won't see it. Maybe when he returns, some questions never get answered the postings just move around so much. :confused:

Oh well, I will keep trying, good luck to you. When is your Coral cruise. Mine is to the Panama and in 4/05.

We have booked B502 in the middle bump out section. According to the previous post, this should have a partially covered balcony. We have friends in the two rooms next to us and I understand that the cabin steward can unlock the doors between the balcony. We booked last December and our Panama Canal cruise will be this December! It still seems so far away!

twocats,

You'll have a slight obsturction looking very forward and aft also. I really don't think you'll even notice it unless you think about it.

llund,

The Caribe deck balconies on the bump out are covered even more. There is only about two feet not covered.

Scott

I appreciate your help, I guess I will start stretching my neck muscles, lol.

I imagine we wil move around on the ship for a different view of everything anyway. I believe all those cabins are booked in that area, so we will stay and enjoy what we have. Carole

• 2 weeks later...
wondering same question regarding what a partially covered balcony means?

can you move your chair back under the covered part for privacy?

carol

Yes, you can sit under the covered section for privacy. The covered portion is the same size as the Baja and Aloha balconies above, very adequate size for privacy if sitting out in your robe or p.j.'s in the morning.

Archived