Scrapbooking Your Cruise Pictures

Anyone else on these boards a scrapbooker like me? I love to scrapbook although I'm not an expert lots of magazines and books are out there. While shopping at my local arts & crafts shop I saw so many vacation and travel themed pages and embellishments.

My cruise is next month and I can't wait to get my photos back and make my scrapbook on my cruise to Alaska. Anyone here have tips on making travel pages. Any links to scrapbooking sites you go to? Can you post your scrapbook pages here on this thread, if it is allowed, of course.

Count me in as a scrapbooker. I went to Alaska on a cruise in 2002 (has it been that long??!!!) and my travel album with those pictures is the best one, I really took my time to write notes and names (don't be afraid to write on the pages), postcards, info on the ship (Celebrity, Summit) menus, room number, formal photos, all sorts of things from the trip, so now when I look it or 20 years from now :o) it's like being there all over again.

If you are brand new to scrapbooking, or need ideas, check out www.creativememories.com go to idea center, they have tons of page layouts.

BTW, I organized my pages by making colorful tags "Day 1", "Day 2" etc., and decorated the tags with something specific from that day on the ship or from a tour. Ahh the memories. When I go home, I am opening up the album for old times sake. :o)

And last but not least, it's only fair that I warn you, scrapbooking is adictive and expensive, but in the end so worth the time and memories. If you bother taking a photo, make it look special, that's my motto.

Two peas in a bucket has tons of layout ideas too. You can choose by category to make the search less painful.

I have just started working on my scrapbook from January cruise, I don't think I will ever be done. Wish me luck, and please post some of your pages when you get back.

happy scrapping:D

Be sure to keep notes of what you do and see each day.........it will help you so much later with your journaling in your scrapbook. Keep copies of brochures, maps, etc. that you can put in your sb - being careful to keep them away from photos if you want to stay 100% acid free - you can also copy/reduce to desired size onto acid free paper later if you want. Twopeasinabucket.com is one of my favorites - I also recommend that one!

Count me in as one of the addicted ones:) I save everything in an accoridan

type folder that doubles as our travel docments holder. I also save ticket

stubs, napkins, wristbands, etc. Makes the pages more interesting!

My first attempt was pretty lame, but three cruises later my efforts

are getting better!

Count me in as a scrapbooker. I went to Alaska on a cruise in 2002 (has it been that long??!!!) and my travel album with those pictures is the best one, I really took my time to write notes and names (don't be afraid to write on the pages), postcards, info on the ship (Celebrity, Summit) menus, room number, formal photos, all sorts of things from the trip, so now when I look it or 20 years from now :o) it's like being there all over again.

If you are brand new to scrapbooking, or need ideas, check out www.creativememories.com go to idea center, they have tons of page layouts.

BTW, I organized my pages by making colorful tags "Day 1", "Day 2" etc., and decorated the tags with something specific from that day on the ship or from a tour. Ahh the memories. When I go home, I am opening up the album for old times sake. :o)

And last but not least, it's only fair that I warn you, scrapbooking is adictive and expensive, but in the end so worth the time and memories. If you bother taking a photo, make it look special, that's my motto.

Decebal, Thank you for the link and the tips and ideas. I'll be sailing Alaska in July and I've loved taking photographs since I was 12 years old when I got my first camera. {Way back when in the 60's LOL} :eek: Anyway, I will be taking notes and I have found really nice embellishment in my arts & Craft store. Thanks again for sharing.:)

Be sure to keep notes of what you do and see each day.........it will help you so much later with your journaling in your scrapbook. Keep copies of brochures, maps, etc. that you can put in your sb - being careful to keep them away from photos if you want to stay 100% acid free - you can also copy/reduce to desired size onto acid free paper later if you want. Twopeasinabucket.com is one of my favorites - I also recommend that one!

I'll be trying that link too and I'm sure I'll gets lot of ideas. My pad & pen is ready for notes. I'm glad I found this new hobby.

Me too! My first two cruises are all finished (finally) but the one from last year has hardly been touched. I go in spurts, and at the moment I'm totally out of ideas.

Here's a link to another thread on this subject from one of the other CC boards. It has LOTS of great ideas and links to vendors, etc. Happy reading!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=199222

Me too! My first two cruises are all finished (finally) but the one from last year has hardly been touched. I go in spurts, and at the moment I'm totally out of ideas.

Here's a link to another thread on this subject from one of the other CC boards. It has LOTS of great ideas and links to vendors, etc. Happy reading!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=199222

Thanks for sharing the link. So far I scrapped my cruise from 2 years ago. Now I have more ideas.

Thanks everyone for all the other links. Scrapbooking is fun, but sometimes you end up with so much material - stickers, paper, die cuts, etc, that it does get overwhelming. The end result is worth it though, and each album is totally unique. BTW, someone on the River Cruises board scanned her scrapbooked album from Holldand, it was really beautiful, but I can't find the link to it anymore.

Have fun on your Alaska vacation, it is truly one of our most beautiful states (they all are of course) but if you are a nature lover, you will not be dissapointed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also an addicted scrapper!! I've been scrapping for just a few years so I'm trying to play catch up with my children's special occasions/events. I've only been on 1 cruise (in 2000) and I haven't scrapped it yet. Those photos await patiently in boxes (along with many other vacation pics!). Here's a wonderful web to check out:

tropicalscrapbooking.com

It's awesome!!

Happy scrapping!!

Hi, I am quite new to scrapbooking aswell, but like everybody else I am addicted!!!

I have been on some really fabulous sites about scrapbooking, one really good one for holidays is Scrapyourtrip.

And the service is very good aswell.

Jean

I started scrapping after our first cruise. We seemed to gather so much "stuff" when on a cruise it was a great way to put it all together. I only do our trips, so far three cruises and 1 AI in Jamaica. On our March cruise we visited 7 islands so that scrapbook is pretty large.

I now plan some pictures just for scrapping. (Luggage tags, pictures of luggage piled up, packing, pictures from the car window on the interstate, airport, etc.)

Happy scrapping everyone!

Just thought I'd chimed in too. I LOVE scrapbooking. Been doing it for about 7 years or so now. Next month is our very first cruise so I CANNOT wait to take a bazillion pictures and be able to scrapbook them. I have already purchased many stickers, embellishments, paper, etc so all I need now is my pictures. I have already made a 2-page spread to get me in the mood for my cruise so I am READY!!!! Let's go August 19!!!!

My question is this though. I read in someone else's post to take notes while on the cruise so when you get home, journaling will be much easier. I would like to know that if I take a notebook or journal with me, is it possible to write in it each night all about our whole day? Or will I be so tired and exhausted that I wouldn't even want to? My idea is when I'm making my scrapbook pages, I will do a bit of journaling on each page but since I plan on writing down each days activities and everything we've done, felt or experienced, I want my last two pages or so to be nothing but a huge STORY of our week long cruise experience. So each night I want to write down as much as possible and when I get home, I'll write a whole story and incoporate it into my scrapbook. Oh I can't wait. I even bought a beautiful raspberry colored 12x12 scrapbook album with the word CRUISE and an anchor on the front off of ebay. :D

Ref the journal.

I had pretty good luck with this the first couple days and then I just got to busy to write. I did draag a small journal in my bag to the beach the first couple days and I had time to write while I enjoyed the sun.

You will pick up so much stuff though that I don't think you will have a problem remembering what happened that day. For the excursions- I went online to the excursion website or used the description in the ships excursion section to help jog my memory.

For me the pictures truly told the story of our trip.

Have a great cruise. I wish we were going again soon our last cruise was so awesome, it will really be hard to beat it!

Anyone else on these boards a scrapbooker like me? I love to scrapbook although I'm not an expert lots of magazines and books are out there. While shopping at my local arts & crafts shop I saw so many vacation and travel themed pages and embellishments.

My cruise is next month and I can't wait to get my photos back and make my scrapbook on my cruise to Alaska. Anyone here have tips on making travel pages. Any links to scrapbooking sites you go to? Can you post your scrapbook pages here on this thread, if it is allowed, of course.

Hello to all fellow scrappers!! this is mrs. nthernlights, my husband and I went on our first cruise together in Sept 06, after that first trip i wanted to do a scrapbook of the fun we had, also of the labrador dog that passed away in august. I found the best deals in scrapbooking embellishments at several close stores. walmart has alot, i also went to Jo ann Etc. and to my local dollar store, yes that's right, my dollar store had a large selection of embellishments. jo ann etc has a huge selection of background papers, as well as a specialty store in my area, might be one in yours too, called Archivers. its fabulous... i also found a nice selection of books with the themed papers inside at our local menards hardware store, keep your eyes open, you never know when you will find a stash of stuff when you are out. good luck and happy scrapping..

I have been a consultant for a scrapbooking company for many year and teach people about album making... I still like the advice about keeping it simple! Your photographs and your words are the most important elements you can put in an album! We are doing our 5th cruse next month and I have made a separate album for each cruise. Years from now you will be glad you kept it simple because the album will be timeless! The journaling is one of the most important elements so remember to also include funny stories as well as what you did. We had a woman on the deck below us that would come out on the balcony every night with hot rollers in her hair as she got ready for dinner...it made us laugh so I took a photograph of the top of her head as she leaned over the railing. We still laugh about it when we look throught the album. I write in my journal every night and have my kids keep a journal too. They have written some very funny entries that I have included in my albums.;)

I ordered a bunch of stuff for my Alaska trip on scapyourtrip.com. I took two of the pages to make door decorations with photos of me and my husband that will be added to the scapbook later. It had sheets and headines with the specific port names on them!!

When are you going to Alaska? We will be on the Sun Princess July 16th!!

Caly & Joe

God willing and fingers crossed I'll be flying to Vancouver on July 29. I CAN"T WAIT!!!! Anyway my film is packed and my scrapbooking material all saved for my return. As soon I get my pics back from the 1 hour place I'm going to put aside the best of the pics and scrapbook them. The rest will go into another album. I have 2- 12"X12" albums put aside. So my guess is that I can scrapbook a good 60 to 70 pictures with journaling and travel stickers, poems and embellishments. I am so excited for my Alaska cruise and the pictures I'll be taking.:) :) :)

Hello everyone. I'm just getting into scrap booking. I ordered a how to book that I can't wait to get. I also ordered a bunch of stuff from scrapbookmytrip.com I will be scrap booking my first cruise which is this October. I just can't wait to get started!

HAPPYCRUISINGIRL, Enjoy your upcoming cruise and the scrapbooking too. I'll be sailing away in 3 weeks and can't wait to get my pictures back so that I can pick my very best ones to scrapbook. I have all my supplies and I'm ready to scrap :) :) :)

Cruiser Forever thanks. I think I'm going to practice and scrap book my dog and cat. They share the same birthday. I have an all white siberian husky with blue eyes and I rescued a shelter kitten that is one now!! I have some great pictures of them so I might as well start somewhere..

Happy cruising to you.. Where you going?

Cruiser Forever thanks. I think I'm going to practice and scrap book my dog and cat. They share the same birthday. I have an all white siberian husky with blue eyes and I rescued a shelter kitten that is one now!! I have some great pictures of them so I might as well start somewhere..

Happy cruising to you.. Where you going?

I say Go For It!!! You will love looking back and remembering your pets when they are gone many many many years from now. It's like cruise pictures, they bring back memories of the amazing times you've had while cruising. :) :D :)

Archived