Sovereign is not a Voyager class ship but...

...I would like to know how many ppl really like/luv this ship. I'm sailing on it with my bf on Sept. 4th for 4 nights. Does anyone prefer this ship over others even though it's one of the oldest ships of the fleet? Also, anything u can tell me about this ship would be good too. i.e. is there some game called Quest on here? Will there be alot of kids on the ship when I sail in Sept after Labor Day? Is there going to be new bedding? Is the food good? Is the service great :D ? I need answers ppl.

If you want to add anything else I didn't mention by all means do :) .

Thanks for any responses.

...I would like to know how many ppl really like/luv this ship. I'm sailing on it with my bf on Sept. 4th for 4 nights. Does anyone prefer this ship over others even though it's one of the oldest ships of the fleet? Also, anything u can tell me about this ship would be good too. i.e. is there some game called Quest on here? Will there be alot of kids on the ship when I sail in Sept after Labor Day? Is there going to be new bedding? Is the food good? Is the service great :D ? I need answers ppl.

Yes, the new bedding will be complete by 8/18.

If you are going during the week (assume so as you say 4 nights) there is less chance for kids and party hearty passengers. There were a ton of both on our Memorial Day weekend sailing:mad:. At full capacity, she felt extremely crowded.

I have cruised on SOS about a dozen times since 1989. Personally, I do not care for most of the changes. The ship prior to the refurb had a beautiful and classy Champage Bar and library, now ripped out so more revenue based operations can be added. I do not care for RCI's move into the ala carte charging for everything cruise line arena. JMHO but I think it cheapens the product.

The gym is nicer. Boleros is nice.

Fine for a short cruise if your expectations are realistic.

We have sailed a number of times on Sovereign and enjoyed our time onboard immensely. While it does not have many of the bells and whistles that the newer ships have, it does have a spectacular Centrum, good food and excellent service. When we have sailed on her the staff seemed to be especially happy to be there and it was reflected in the service they provided to the guests. After Labor Day, there should be fewer kids even though the cruises are short, but in any event, we have found that the Adventure Ocean program on RCI ships keeps most kids well occupied and they are rarely, if ever, under foot. Don't know what the schedule will be for installing the new bedding on the various ships in the fleet. We experienced it on Freedom and it was truly wonderful. Perhaps someone who has sailed on Sovereign recently can answer your question about Quest. It has been played on almost every RCI ship that we have sailed on in recent years, and I would expect that Sovereign will be no exception.

The Sovereign is my first and only cruise at this point, so take my opinion for what it is worth. My DH and I went on it without our children for our anniversary. I loved it! It was very classy and very clean. Our steward seemed to constantly be right there to provide anything we needed and always remembered our names. The dining room was pretty, and the food was okay. Our waiter was an identical twin whose brother was right at the next station, so that was a little confusing:D I liked eating in the Windjamer better, but I felt more at ease there. We loved Johnny Rockets. Those severs sure could boogie. We were on a mission to relax, so it was perfect for us. We lounged on the deck, saw all the shows,( loved El Goucho and the love and marriage game). We really liked the Schooner Bar. It rained alot during our trip, but we still had a great time. Our room was tiny, but it was big enough for the 2 of us. All in all, I would say it was one of the vacations I ever had. That being said, I'm not sure if it is the best ship for children. Seemed like an older crowd. I really only saw babies and toddlers. I think our next cruise, hopefully in October, will be on Carnival. But if there is ever an opportunity for just me and my husband to go again, I would not hesitate to go on her. As far as the Quest game, they did play it in the Votage lounge. Craziest thing I ever saw. What people did for a key chain!

Makes you really wonder doesn't it how much they have to drink! LOL! I saw Quest once on EOS and thought enough of it to skip it on the Mariner and put my time to better use.... did not even miss not seeing it. I am a good sport and all but seeing men dressing in bras and lipstick is not my cup of tea....and people are not laughing with them but all laughing at them.

Oh well to each his own.

Makes you really wonder doesn't it how much they have to drink! LOL! I saw Quest once on EOS and thought enough of it to skip it on the Mariner and put my time to better use.... did not even miss not seeing it. I am a good sport and all but seeing men dressing in bras and lipstick is not my cup of tea....and people are not laughing with them but all laughing at them.

Oh well to each his own.

I don't think I will miss seeing it again. There was this really, um, fluffy biker guy that did an impromptu dance at the end wearing his bra. I don't know how much he had to drink, but I know after watching that I needed another drink:eek:

We were on the Sovereign in April. We totally enjoyed the cruise and were pleasantly surprised at how good the ship looks for an older ship. The rooms are small, but were clean and comfortable and our steward was super.

We liked the Windjammer with the international food stations. Breakfast was consistently good there and we thought the dining room food was very good.

We also liked Johnny Rockets and didn't mind the charge at all.

CocoCay is beautiful and we were lucky to have 85 degree weather and bright sun all day. We're beach lovers, so it was fun, as was the Atlantis beach in Nassau. We spent the day at Atlantis. Nassau was much nicer than alot of the reviews say- there's alot to see in town and out of town. It's a working port town like Bridgetown, Barbados-we enoyed it.

Have a great cruise. Check out the Bahamas forum to get all kinds of info on Nassau.

We just returned for her. The ship looked good, comparing it to two others I have been on. It was the first for our two kids. They really enjoyed it. In addition to other comments, we went to karaoke at Boleros. It was fun to watch. Enjoy your time.

We sailed on the Sovereign last year and had a ball! The ship was laid out very nicely. You're right it's no Voyager Class ship but it is more than adequate for a 3-5 night cruise.

Enjoy yourself you'll have a great time.

Last year we cruised the Norwegian Majesty, an older ship, and we thought it sucked!! And we have open minds...this year we took a chance and cruised the Sovereign because the price was right for a large group and it was a totally different experience....a beautiful ship!! The crew was great...but it wasn't really all about the crew it was really about the ship...it was just maintained well...lots of nooks and crannies....and tons of activities going on all the time!! We are looking forward to sailing her again!! The Sovereign rules!!!

In October, we'll be sailing the Sovereign for the FIFTH time! She fits with our vacation schedules, and DW & I (50-somethings) and DD (20) can always find something to do! An added plus is the crew! We always feel at home on the Sovereign, and many of the staff remember us from our past cruises!

We can't wait until Halloween!!!!!

Archived