I Know I Should Know This But.....

JuneauWhatIMean

I had my regular gal who worked the Rendezvous Lounge (just outside the dining room) come to my table every evening to bring me my "usual" - Black Label/Rocks . . . she was an angel.:)

Don't be afraid to hook yourself up in a similar fashion.;)

I have ordered a cocktail from a person who came around (not every night) to see if we wanted a drink. However, it takes a long time to get it, and it is possible that your wine may be delivered first. If I want a drink right away, I get if from the Rendez-vous Lounge and bring it with me.

Holy Cow!!!!!

I think your last post was about food....room service?maybe.

And now BOOZE.......PARTY IN ALI'S ROOM.....:D :D (maybe on the veranda)

I can't remember The 'diet' mixers on board, but I think it is limited. If you really have to have a special mixer you can bring a six pack or so with you and they won't say anything about it...At least I've never seen them. I know a person that only drinks 'TAB' and he brings a case onboard everytime he cruises.

BTW A year ago, don't know if you remember, but Johns niece ordered the bar waiter in the diningroom... On the Century........yes I wrote that correctly.

Diana and Jorge are now happily married :)

Be careful of what you wish for....it might just happen.

Okay I'm off to the Madonna Concert.....Bye

Dave:eek:

I asked the server in the Martini Bar if I could have the Martini Sampler (6 different martinis about 1/3 to 1/2 of a small martini each) brought to my dining table. She obliged and I imbibed. Tipped her extra of course.

Awww, how cute, I did not know they offered such a thing. Do you know, was it a pre-chosen selection of martini recipes, or were you able to choose which six you wanted?

On the Mercury we (DD and myself) had a French Martini waiting for us at the table, we ordered them the 1st night and told the waiter just have them here for late dinning. He did and He did get a higher tip. It was a good way to start dinner - we never had time to get to a bar for a before dinner drink, dealing with 4 children getting them out of the cabins to dinner or kids club.

It was our time to relax have our martini and think about what a great cruise we were having to Alaska.

Francine

Awww, how cute, I did not know they offered such a thing. Do you know, was it a pre-chosen selection of martini recipes, or were you able to choose which six you wanted?

The Martini Sampler is pre-set and imprinted on a placemat with six glass locations and a list of ingredients for each one. They did substitute for some friends in Martini Bar when they requested a different one.

They usually have the Martini Sampler on the first night at around 5 pm to 8pm. Sometimes our Connections Group requests an additional night and they set it up in Bar at the Edge of the Earth on deck 11.

On the Martini Bar menu it is called the "Martini Flight" and apparantly can be ordered anytime. It says "Discover your personal Signature Martini from among "The Original Martini", Flirtini, Apple Martini, Chocolate Vanilla Combo, Caribbean Sunset and Martini Limon. Cost is $9.50 + 15 % gratuity on Summit.

The only difference of opinion I'll offer here (there he goes again) is that we found our very competent waitstaff to be very, very busy most evenings serving food, opening wine, etc. and the additional work of dealing with cocktails and collecting sea passes was just extra strain on them. Sure, it's part of their job, but we found it just as easy to waltz into the dining room with cocktail in hand, and it was obvious our wait staff appreciated having one less thing to deal with.

One of the things I really like about Celebrity is that they have that separate bar service in the dining room. Someone coming by whose only concern is your cocktail: Heaven.

Juneau - I'm pretty sure they have Diet Sprite, but I'd be surprised to see diet tonic (which I love). I'd pop a six-pack of that into my luggage for good measure as bububr suggested.

Amy

Is there anyplace on the ship that you CAN'T order a cocktail?

I'm thinking during Muster Drill might be the only time.

Maybe while waiting to disembark, too?

At daily Catholic mass you can only get red wine.

The only difference of opinion I'll offer here (there he goes again) is that we found our very competent waitstaff to be very, very busy most evenings serving food, opening wine, etc. and the additional work of dealing with cocktails and collecting sea passes was just extra strain on them. Sure, it's part of their job, but we found it just as easy to waltz into the dining room with cocktail in hand, and it was obvious our wait staff appreciated having one less thing to deal with.

My gal was actually a barmaid who was assigned to the Rendez-vous Lounge, not the Trellis Restaurant, so no worries about her being too busy serving food. In addition, as I was second seating, the lounge was in fact winding down (as it seems to do when the late diners file into the Trellis), so she was actually eager to keep the drinks (and tips) coming right into the dining room.:)

At daily Catholic mass you can only get red wine.

LOL!!

Thanks all for the info about barmaids in the dining room. Our RCI cruise did not have such a person, it was your wait staff who had to deal with cocktail orders. Looking forward to X service!

Archived