changing dinner assignment

Is there some way mom and I can easily change our dinner assignment. Medically or otherwise? We are presently subjected to early seating and do NOT wish to do so. We want and will get the second but is there a proper way of doing so?

Is there some way mom and I can easily change our dinner assignment. Medically or otherwise? We are presently subjected to early seating and do NOT wish to do so. We want and will get the second but is there a proper way of doing so?
How about asking.

When do you sail?? You might have to check with the Head waiter when you get aboard ship to see if he can switch for you. I've heard that they can be pretty accomodating and yes a tip will help with that. You might also be able to go into your reservations and switch your dining assignments They have an area where you can request it. If you booked thru a TA you'll have to check with the TA--they'll need to make the switch if it's not too late. Other wise as stated earlier--just check with the head waiter when you get aboard ship.

When do you sail?? You might have to check with the Head waiter when you get aboard ship to see if he can switch for you. I've heard that they can be pretty accomodating and yes a tip will help with that. You might also be able to go into your reservations and switch your dining assignments They have an area where you can request it. If you booked thru a TA you'll have to check with the TA--they'll need to make the switch if it's not too late. Other wise as stated earlier--just check with the head waiter when you get aboard ship.

thank you !

we are subjected to the seating due to the later seating being booked . Asking we have done as this is OBVIOUS is it not. Hopefully that wasnt sarcastically said...

Sorry but it wasn't obvious to me either. My first thought was that you would need to E-mail RCI or have your TA E-mail them and ask to be changed. Especially since your post count is less than 10. I figured you might be new to cruising and did not know you could E-mail RCI and request a change in assigned seating.

You have to keep in mind that on a discussion forum, it's sometimes hard to read intention into a statement or question. One thing that isn't hard is to understand when caps are used. Obvious to you isn't always so obvious to the rest of us.

For instance, I'm not sure if your refering to the reply to your initial post when you say, "Hopefully that wasn't sarcastically said....." or if you're refering to your own reply. I'm sort of hoping your refering to your own reply.

It is usually easier to get a late seating then early. I have been waitlisted a few times and usually get in. Just keep checking with them and it usually is easiest when you are 90 days out as that is when the last payment is fue and a lot of cancelations occur.

Mike

We have had to make changes after boarding a couple of times. It's really not a big deal, just find out what time the Maitre d' will be handling requests. It's usually in the afternoon the day of boarding, in plenty of time before the first seating. You may have to stand in line for your request, but they do their best to accomodate everyone. There are times when people have to wait until the second night to be moved.

I don't blame you for wanting to move, we've always preferred the later seating.

Personally, I will not book a cruise if the dining seating I want is not available. There is no way I will cut my days short to go to early dining.

You should check with the maitre'd upon boarding but otherwise, unless you have a suite or are a frequent cruiser, you are on the waitlist like everyone else.

thanks all for the responses. Good suggestions and thoughts!!! I ll try them all Im also trying for a medical reasoning. I have ot take a certian med prior ot eating and wait to eat until its down an hour.I am not one as well to cut my days short to make a dinner seating ...or come back early because im medically impaired. I dont let my disease live me so I TRY really hard to make th emost of what Im given but early dinner wont cut it for me:) thank you so much for the replies

On our Navigator cruise last yr. there were several tables in the back dining room by us that no one ate at all week. Although you are not asking about that cruise--it is hard to imagine not being able to accomodate 2 people.

I also had the same request but ours was switching to early seating. We have a person in our party who is diabetic and has to eat at the earlier times. Early seating was full but I e-mailed RCI and they changed it for me with no problem. Hope you have the same good luck as I did.

We were originally booked on early seating for our NOS cruise later this year. Our TA had said that late seating was full at the time we booked even though I had requested late, and when I checked our reservation on the RCL website, I saw that under the section "Cruise Enhancements" it said Early Dining. I was really disappointed, so I contacted my TA recently and he called back to say OK, it has been switched to Late Seating. When I check the RCL site now, it says:

Preferences: Second Dining Seating

No Waitlists

Does this mean I definitely have Late Seating? Or does this just mean that your TA has put in your preference, but I still could be stuck in Early?

Not sure how it works...

Thanks

Donna

Preferences: Second Dining Seating

No Waitlists

Does this mean I definitely have Late Seating? Or does this just mean that your TA has put in your preference, but I still could be stuck in Early?

Not sure how it works...

Thanks

Donna

No, Donna..you have Second Seating...other wise it would have said:

Preferences: First Seating

Second Seating Waitlist

you will have late seating...

Donna..your welcome...I know the excietment can get overwhelming at times...my family calls it "Cruise-Brain" ..seems like thats all I can think or talk about...and its funny how any subject can relate to cruising when you have a bad case of Cruise-Brain...:D

" Honey we need toilet paper.." ..."OK< Speaking of toplet paper, I wonder if the TP on the cruise, is bio-degratable"

"The kitchen sink is clogged"...."Well, cant be as clogged up as the Windjammer was at the Chocolate Buffet on the Cruise":p ;)

I hear ya, Parrothead...I think I am driving my husband, sister and her DH crazy everytime I bring up the cruise, and they are all going on it WITH me!!!! :D (they are excited too, they just aren't obsessing about it!;) )

Donna

Archived