2005 - 2006 Caribbean Itineraries...

seachaser

are now online! :D Fourteen nights on the Sea Princess; 10 nights on Sun; 7 Caribbean Princess Eastern; 7 Star Western; 7 Golden Southern out of San Juan; 7 Grand Western out of Galveston. Have fun looking, everyone!

Interesting. They have a 14 day RT out of FLL on the Sea Princess. Then they have 14 day RT out of Barbados that overlaps. It appears they are going to let people embark and disembark by doing FLL to FLL or Barbados to Barbados on the same ship during the same sailing.

Is there something special about the British and Barbados? Is Princess going to charter flights for the British to Barbados? Are they doing this so that people can have a pre-cruise stay in Barbados?

Sort of cool.

Yes - Princess is arranging direct charter flights to Barbados from various UK cities for a 2 week cruise - doesn't seem possible to do cruise/stay. They previously did the same out of San Juan but have changed to Barbados and Miami for 2005/6

Unbelievable prices from some of the UK discount agencies (still have appalling booking conditions, but unbeatable prices from some UK TA's)

I'd have booked like a shot for Nov 2005 but have already booked P&O Oceana for the same dates

suekeelan@hotmail.com

I did a future cruise booking on the Golden this year. Now that the caribbean princess lists sailing as 7 or 14 days, I wonder if the cruise credit would be increased for the 14 day sailings. We have been dsicussing trying to do a back to back cruise. I know it's early, but I wish Princess would list the sailings for May 06. I'd love to see if the Golden will stay in the Southern Caribbean in late Spring/Summer 2006.

We just booked for 24th December 2005 14 nights on the Sea Princess sailing from Barbados. We tried to book a two night post cruise stay in Barbados but were told by Princess UK that they would alter our return flight and we could book our own accommodation for 2 nights. Don't know if they are having a charter out but it would seem to be schedule flight on the return? As I haven't received a brochure yet I guess I will have to wait and see. Looking forward to being on the Sea Princess again!

Julie

• 2 weeks later...
Is there something special about the British and Barbados?
Absolutely - its cachet comes from having been the Caribbean holiday home of rich Brits for decades.

That was demonstrated by the fact that, other than the business route of London-New York, the only route that Concorde ever made money on was London-Barbados, and then only during holiday season. The company that owns Heathrow did a survey of passenger spending that hit the headlines several years ago: the average spend in shops, restaurants etc. was something like £30 per passenger. But the average spend per Barbados-bound Concorde passenger was over £5,000.

I was looking at the pricing yesterday, and thought it seemed a lot higher than 2004. Gas prices affecting this, do you think?

I know with a good TA, you'd get price reductions as they become available, but a 7 day Eastern Carib on the Star was $857 for an inside (yuck!) and this quote came from our fav low-price TA, Kim. I was trying to help the secretary in our office book a honeymoon cruise (think young, not much $), and told her she needed an aft BB, but the price was $1150 --- that is too much for 7 days! That is about $300 more than mine in Nove 04.

What gives? :confused:

It's hard to get great deals on Aft BBs if you are "wedded" to a certain date for the cruise (pun intended, Gloria; sorry). It's easier to book the lowest price cabin with which you'd be satisfied and take your chances on the Upgrade Fairy, if money is indeed an issue. The rock bottom prices aren't published this far out.

I love the Aft BBs too. But, I've decided to take my chances with booking an oceanview on Plaza Deck on the Sun Princess in April 2006 (Easter week PREMIUM prices), and hoping for an upgrade. Plaza Deck is a great location if Princess doesn't move us. We've been there before...

If this couple is on a honeymoon and it's their first cruise, they don't REALLY need an Aft BB. After all, what will they have to look forward to on future cruises if they get spoiled now?

Joan

Yes, we are booked for Easter week, April, 2006. We booked directly with Princess. The woman with whom we spoke was surprised the cruise was already in the system, and even more surprised to see the number of very early bookings. Since it's Easter week, it's filling up fast.

Joan

Archived