Alaska, Ryndam. What drinks available at no charge?

DRAngleb

We're setting sail for Alaska next week and are new to this. I've read about the soda fountain card and I realize that there is a charge for all sodas and alcoholic beverages.

Are there other "cold" beverages available at no charge? Ice tea, Lemonade, other?

Thanks

Juices are available at breakfast....and maybe lunch. Typically we're off the boat at lunch or eat a late breakfast on sea days and rarely eat lunch so that's why I'm waffling a bit. Probably others will have a better answer. Last two cruises lemonade has been hard to come by....but that might have just been our luck and we were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I disembarked on Sunday. Iced Tea water, coffee, tea and milk were always available. All else has a fee. Soda cards are available.

All mothers will rejoice at the Ryndam's hand washing efforts. They are Purell stations everywhere you turn and you must use them.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a charge for sodas with dinner as well? My husband and I don't really drink alcohol or anything, so, I'm trying to figure out if the soda card is worth buying. Can someone tell me how much it is for a 7 day cruise?

Thanks!

Joy, there's always a charge for soda. The card is priced for 20 drinks at a set price (last I remember it's 20 for 18). So, you can have as many, or few, cards in seven days as you want.

This is a fairly recent change. Until a few months ago it was priced by the length of cruise for unlimited sodas. Not any more.

Archived