NCL Pearl vs Celebrity Mercury...

msenoch

If you were to choose between NCL pearl vs Celebrity Mercury (both round trip from Seattle) for your Alaska cruise, which one would you prefer? I thinking about traveling either the last week of May or the last week of August? What kind of different experiences would I have between two dates and cruiseline? (sightseeing, crowd and etc...) And I saw some people saying that AFT cabin is good. Why is that? I don't see any reason why the view you're getting from the back side of ship is good.

Both ships go to Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. Mercury goes to Hubbard Glacier and Prince Rupert, and Pearl goes to Glacier Bay and Victoria. I personally prefer the Pearl's itinerary. It is also a new ship, vs an old Mercury.

I agree with the above poster. Last August we cruised on the Sun Princess from Vancouver at the time. Personally, between your two choices, I'd take NCL because of Glacier Bay - it's a must. NCL is "freestyle" cruising thus you will most likely have a more relaxed experience.

I too agree, Glacier Bay. :) Aft cabins are enjoyed by many people, they are out of the wind and expansive viewing. But, I always prefer front viewing as having the scenery and wildlife come towards you give you far long viewing. My preferences only.

I have booked the Pearl on it's first sailing. May will be more snow covered scenery. End of August is my most traveled Alaska time. Full salmon runs, bear tours. Both times great!

Archived