Spirit 6/11-17- Another mini review

patnjohn

What if you don't have it with you? I never had this done on either the Dawn or the Star.

We always had our card with us because you need it to buy drinks and to open our cabin door at the end of the night. I'm sure if we did not have it they would have given us a table anyway, we never tried that.

PatnJohn,

Nothing wrong with not finding freestyle to your tastes. I really could do either way, I just love to cruise anyway, anytime, but my husband after a second NCL cruise said he prefers the set times. We really never waited for a table at the Garden or Window restaurant, but he enjoys having the same servers, getting to know them and they getting to know your likes and dislikes. On a side note, we did notice that they check you sign and sail card everytime you enter and are convinced they give you tables based on your cabin level or something. They did keep seating us just to the right of the front door away from the windows. We eventually requested certain sections and to be near a window and they relunctantly seated us as requested. My favorite meal was of course the lobster night and second was breakfast on the last day of cruise, we sat by the window and watched the Verrazano and Statue of Liberty go by.

We were on the Spirit 6-11 sailing....they never swiped our cards at Garden or Windows.....This being our first cruise.....I have nothing to compare it to.....I had a great time.....I was on the first tender over to the island both at night and in the morning.....didnt wait long at all. Well coming back to the ship it was a wait.....but I didnt care about that....I loved the Island....they could have left me there for a week! I was not happy with nassau....not a long enough stop at all....and had I known that the Discover Atlantis involved a mile long walk from the bus station in 90 degree heat....I would not have gone...I would have rather spent my $200.00 shopping! This was the first vacation that I brought home NO suveniers! and of course cocoa beach was a wash....with the storm moving thru. All in all I did enjoy my trip.....cant say that I will cruise again in the near future...not that hooked on it....I am definately a beach person....but maybe someday! A big hello to all that sailed with me....sorry I missed the meeting....hahaha I was like a deer in the headlights for the first few days of the cruise...getting settled in...actually I finally was getting into the routine on friday! had to get off on saturday.....not right!!!!!

Until we meet again.........................

Did not know anything but set dinner times. Wanted to try freestyle to see if it's what we would like or not. If we never tried, how would we know. That's why we booked a short inexpensive trip - just to try the concept. Everyone is at a different place in their lives & have different tastes. Sorry if I offended anyone by saying that freestyle was not for us. It is still a free country, Isn't it?

patnjohn didn't you know your not suppose to post anything negative about your cruise or you will suffer for it forever :eek: only happy thoughts and then they really really love your review

Did not know anything but set dinner times. Wanted to try freestyle to see if it's what we would like or not. If we never tried, how would we know. That's why we booked a short inexpensive trip - just to try the concept. Everyone is at a different place in their lives & have different tastes. Sorry if I offended anyone by saying that freestyle was not for us. It is still a free country, Isn't it?

Hi Pat,

I'll have to check to make sure that it's still a free country. Sorry you were attacked for stating your opinion, but I guess he was also just stating his. I did think it a bit harsh though. I didn't think you said anything wrong, and enjoyed your review. We love Freestyle, but we also miss the traditional dining sometimes. I do better at Freestyle though, so DH doesn't have to wait for me. ;) We have 'intimate, romantic' dinners together every night when we're home. :rolleyes: :D It's nice to be able to meet new people at dinner. That's one of the things I like about CC's. It gives you the opportunity to meet people on the roll call and at the gathering. We didn't attend the meeting on our first Dawn cruise, and it was much different from the cruises where we did attend.

I'm glad you and John have some good memories from your cruise also.

We also liked Celebrity, even though it was the only time we requested a dinner seating change. We sat with this couple, and the husband insisted on talking politics ALL through dinner even after someone suggested changing the subject. He refused, and said so. We don't mind a bit of it, but didn't want to do that for 17 days. We ended up with a wonderful table and really fun people.

Jackie

We were asked to swipe our cards too. At all meals. This was our first NCL cruise & we had an oceanview on the 6th deck, nothing special. We were almost always given window tables. One night we sat at the very back & enjoyed the wake. So, I guess those table aren't held for suites or latitude members as we were neither. I think they are getting a count as to where people are eating the most. I could be wrong.

Thanks Jackie, I feel better now.

Well..we thought we were going to be smart and wait out the crowd and let our luggage be picked up the night before.It was all great walking off with just a carry on but I paid a guy 5.00 to pick up three bags and go up an elevator.lol. I didn't know my boyfriend was parked right outside the elevator doors..talk about embarrassing..lol.Great trip and we loved Ricky Mathews...Poor guy is getting alot of bad reviews from others.We thought he was great.The entire trip was great.Ready to go again next year.Even though we did sit out in that dark tender on the ocean rocking side to side waiting for the one in front of us to be fixed.lol..I was wondering what all the chearing was about.We were on the bottom of the tender and I thought they were just chearing because wew were moving again.lol

Archived