Legend Dent Starboard Forward.

conan126

Just got off the Legend and when we stopped in St. Thomas, took some pictures in front of the ship and lo and behold there is a dent. Does anybody know what happened? It is on the starboard side, forward, near the Carnival symbol. It looks like they crushed one of the wood docks in New York. I think I have a picture of it and will post when I review my pics. Those going on the 29th cruise check it out. Probably no biggie but I'm curious as to what happened.

Hopefully today or tomorrow for a pic. In St. Thomas just walk to the very front of the ship and look back toward the gangway, just make sure you are at a 20 degree angle (10 feet away from the edge of the pier).

Just got off the Legend and when we stopped in St. Thomas, took some pictures in front of the ship and lo and behold there is a dent. Does anybody know what happened? It is on the starboard side, forward, near the Carnival symbol. It looks like they crushed one of the wood docks in New York. I think I have a picture of it and will post when I review my pics. Those going on the 29th cruise check it out. Probably no biggie but I'm curious as to what happened.

Post the picture here, if you cant, just email me the picture at wennfred@cox.net so I can post it.

When the Miracle used to leave out of NYC we took a cruise on her, and on the way back to New York, as we were turning to dock in to the piers in Manhattan, the Captain turned to sharply and we smashed into the corner of the wooden pier at Berth 4 Pier 90. Wood went flying in to the water and the Longshoreman on the dock went running for their lives. It also made a really weird crunching noise.

Jetblue I thought this was going to happen to the floating wood also. When we swung in the aft section hit the boards hard. I don't know why they don't swing further out into the river and then enter the pier. Bow is awfully close.Legend.JPG.47ee3008bcd675208933fdddbd80ad61.JPG

Archived