Infinity - How was it..

KenM

For those who have just returned. How was the cruise: the ship, the excursions, the service, the FOOD, and the entertainment.

Going on the 2 July cruise...

Spending a couple of days in Whistler prior to the cruise..Any comments welcomed...

Hi Ken - my wife and I took the Infinity for the April 17 Mexican Riviera cruise. It was our honeymoon and my first time on a cruise ship and I can honestly say it was the best vacation we have ever had. The service was great without being intrusive - our waiters, the buffet area staff, our stateroom attendant - they not only strive to please but they REMEMBER everything about what your prefernces are. I was very impressed with all the service on board and our room (8067 - Concierge Class) was nicely maintained and had a great bed. We have a Tempurpedic mattress at home and are always complaining about hotel beds. The bed we had was MORE comfortable than our bed at home. We also had breakfast on our balconey each morning - always with a phone call to let us know that breakfast was on the way and always within five minutes of the time we had requested. One morning our stateroom attendant was too busy with other cabins to bring our breakfast and it was brought by a room service person. He was setting up the trays on our balcony when our stateroom attendant happened to pass by our open door. She rushed into the room to ask the room service person where the tablecloth was, as he was setting the plates on the bare tabletop. She rushed out the room and appeared with a tablecloth and proceeded to make sure the table was set properly. This is what Celebrity is about - that feeling that it matters to the staff wherever or not you feel pampered, and we did. We were on our honeymoon but had just been through months of planning for a backyard wedding that we "catered" ourselves, so we were very exhausted when we first embarked. After one day on the Infinity I was completely relaxed, sleeping late, and even taking naps in the afternoon, which I didn't do even as a toddler! You will have a great time. Some of the posts on this site seem to dwell on frayed carpets and mis-matched drapes, but when you're being treated this well its hard to notice those things. I don't have any other lines to compare it to, but for me the difference was clear when we were heading back to the pier in Cabo San Lucas to be tendered back to the ship. Celebrity had portable awning set up to provide shade for passengers waiting for the tenders, with coffee, fruit punch and ice water provided. The waiting area had a professionally made sign that said "Celebrity" so you'd spot it easily on the busy pier. They also had their signature "iced face cloths) to cool you down, handed to you by a crewmember using silver tongs. Meanwhile, over at the Princess waiting area, there was a card table with a piece of cardboard that said "Princess". No coffee, no punch, and the water was in one of those large round dispenser you see being used along highway construction sites. The passengers going on to the Princess were (generally speaking) loud, rude and dressed like they were headed to Walmart. Celebrity is more expensive, and the reliability problems with their pod propulsion system are well known, but for me its better all round experience to cruise on a big ship with about 900 fewer people onboard than other lines' ships of similar size. As a final endorsement, you'll note from my signature line that we've already booked two more cruises on Infinity. Bon Voyage!

I'm thrilled to read your review. I'm sailing on the Infinity next month on my first cruise, and I'm so so happy to see something positive said. I was really getting worried with people griping all the time. I was almost to the point of cancelling. Between worrying about not wearing the right formal to getting a raging case of Norwalk, I'm glad to see things can actually go right. I'm glad you had a great time. I'm ssssooo looking forward to the occasional afternoon nap. I can only hope I have a good a time as you and your wife had. Thanks again.

Captain Cosmo--Thank you for great review. And congratulations on your wedding!!

We are sailing on Infinity in Oct./Hawaii. We cruised with Celebrity many times, and this will be our 2nd time on Infinity. Attitude is everything...and our's is always positive. In all reality we know that all the ships have some form of wear and tear, but it's so minor in contrast to all the wonderful service and experiences that we get to enjoy onboard.

Karyn

We were on the Infinity 20 May to Alaska....our 20th cruise and this was one of the best. I had forgotten just how great Celebrity really is. Food and service was top notch...ship was immaculate. Entertainment super so what more can one ask on a vacation. Id be happy now to just sail on Celbrity and Infinity in particular.

We're sailing with Karynanne in October, our fifth Celebrity cruise out of 22 cruises total, and third on Infinity...just keeps getting better...was on last Fall, and thought everything was even improved over the time before.

Bonbon and Jim, have a blast on your cruises!

Capt Cosmo, thanks for your review here! And congrats to you and your spouse.

Andrew

Jim: Thanks for the tip on the reviews.

Cosmo- Congrats to the newly married....Sounds like you had a great time.

Blazerboy-Can't go wrong if this is your third time..

WE were on Princess in DEC and look forward to our return to Celebrity...

Not that there was an issue with Princess- it was just different...

However, Celebrity has them beat on overall service and QUALITY...

Still looking for someone who knows Whistler since we( three couples) are staying there( Delta Suites) several days prior to the cruise- what to do and best restaurants in the area..

Captain Cosmo thanks for the great review and glad that you and your new wife had a great time.

We are on the 10 night Alaska cruise embarking in Vancouver on Infinity. If you are on that cruise, we do have a Roll Call, and would love to have you post there. Also, if you have not yet registered for our Cruise Connection party, please do so. We only have 20 registered now with just a little over two months to embarkation.

End of plug! :D

Archived