How do you know if you're booked on a theme cruise?

pogieone

• 2 months later...
500 Trekkies....that would be fabulous..........:D

Live long ans prosper!

IT IS FABULOUS!!!!!

I did a Trek Cruise in 1995 (I was going because of the theme) I don't think we bothered too many passengers. And yes, ships may bend a bit to appease a large group. For the 2 formal nights, it was allowed that people who had Star Trek Dress uniforms could wear them.

I stuck with civilian clothes (I love to get gussied up) And while it did not (Pardon the pun) phase me that several folks wore the regular non-dress uniform those nights, what got me was that at least one of them thought nothing of painting her face blue and adding antenna to her head.

• 1 month later...

I consider myself pretty open-minded, and most of the groups mentioned here I can't imagine would have phased me, if not made me want to go up and chat with the members, EXCEPT for the cruise we went on a few years back with our party of 7, 3 being children ages 5-7. Our two cabins happened to be the only ones on the entire deck not belonging to the swingers' group onboard. If my memory serves me correctly, there were 400-500 in the group- I can't remember exactly now, but after being informed within minutes of our two families arriving to our cabins by a member of this group what would be going on on this floor in the evenings, with each night having a different theme to dress up to. We proceeded to try to get our rooms changed through Carnival customer service. No help through them since it was a full sailing. We had to find other swingers from other floors to change with. Fine, it was a hassle, we gave up our OV for an interior to get off the deck. However, this group was not contained to that particular deck. It spilled over throughout the ship...the things we saw and our children saw on this cruise were completely inappropriate- in the pool, in the hallway, on the elevator, in the dining room, etc...Our room steward apologized over and over, our dining servers, did the same. We kept our kids in kids' camp as much as possible to avoid all the "sightings". Maybe if we'd have been sailing just the adults, it would have been great people watching and topics of conversation, but I'll tell you this...any where at any point we could hear conversations about the outrage of not being told AND that Carnival didn't seem to be restricting any of the activity. Several of the swingers posted explicit, suggestive photo flyers on their doors, so if you were walking through any given corridor you'd come across them (although we were told that when staff saw them, they were supposed to remove them). It was obvious that other parents were freaking out as much as us, because after the first couple of nights, we saw hardly any kids out and about in the evenings. Carnival ended up giving us 25% off our next sailing with them, which we were stunned that was all they offered. We were told we should have done our research better and sorry. We learned our lesson and will always check for large groups to see what they are.

On our last cruise the swimming pools and hot-tubs were closed by 10 pm. But the back one was opened till midnight. Except when they wanted to hold private events on the back deck, starting at 11pm and going on till 4 am. They refused to consider leaving the central pools open to midnight, so we could utilize them, as had been promised to us.

It was just inconsiderate - private groups closing down the public facilites.

• 3 months later...

Motorcycle Cruise (4/28-5/7)

Explorer Of The Seas

Motorcycle Cruise (5/7-5/14)

Oasis Of The Seas

Motorcycle Cruise (6/11-6/16)

Enchantment Of The Seas

Motorcycle Cruise (6/23-7/2)

Explorer Of The Seas

I saw this on a website and thought I'd share. Guess they take their bikes on the ship and ride when they get to the ports of call.

I'm not a biker but WOW this sounds awesome if I was.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so happy I came across this thread. Large groups had never occurred to me (and really don't concern me). But, it sure was a fun google exercise. Looks like I will be sailing with a group from the Steamship Historical Society of America, a Christian Singles group, a SeaPuffers group and a chess club! :)

Archived