Ben and Jerry's on the Mariner

What are the prices at the Ben and Jerry's on the ship? Do you pay when you order or do you just swipe your room key? I personally think they are overpriced at their stores here so was just wondering about on the ship. Thanks

I had one of the ice cream bars..and even with the C&A coupon for 25% off it was still close to $3 because they add 15% gratuity...for reaching in the freezer and handing it to you! It was good ....but a rip-off, for sure.

I personally think they are overpriced at their stores here so was just wondering about on the ship. Thanks

If you think it is overpriced at their stores as the saying goes..."you ain't seen nothin' yet" until you get on the ship and see the cost vs. amount ratio!!:rolleyes:

There is self-serve frozen yogurt by the pool. It isn't available 24x7, but was there at least in the afternoon and early evening.

We skipped the B&J because there were lots of other "free" desserts available - in the dining room, in windjammer, plus the cookies & cakes in the cafe on the Promenade (right beside B&J's).

Ben and Jerry's is only on the Promenade and is priced per serving. See earlier post for cost.

The Windjammer does not have ice cream. There is a soft serve machine just outside the WJ on the pool deck and it is open about 14 hours a day (closes at night and early morning).

In the main dining room, there is ice cream offered as an optional dessert, but it is not Ben and Jerry's and is not as good as B&J's. Not bad, but not premium.

Hope this helps.

With the portions so small and the price so high, you would think no one would buy from there and they would change or shut it down.

Well, I have two thoughts on that matter. Firstly, that is most likely why they moved the free self serve frozen yogurt away from next door to B & J's on the Voyager ships. Having it located 6 decks up probably helps increase the business of the expensive stuff. Secondly, enough people seem to have the attitude that when they are on vacation they are not going to worry about such charges. I am sure RCI thrives off of these types of people.

Archived