Buying a watch in S.Thomas

gonole1972

Little Switzerland is one of the best stores on the island. I grew up on the Island and am still wearing the Seiko I got there many many many years ago. Cardow's is also very good. Remember, the bargans aren't as great as advertised but it is duty free shopping. The selections and styles run more European. Hope this helps.:)

Royal Caribbean store Downtown....They sell great watches, jewelry and Electronics such as cameras etc. Got my first Movado there for a great price and that was five years ago. Haven't had a problem with it except for changing the battery last year for the first time.

It may depend on what brand you are looking for - some brands are only carried in certain stores. I got an Ebel at Columbian Emeralds a number of years ago and I wear it daily. I've never had any problems getting it maintained at a jewelry store here that is an authorized dealer. Agree that Little Switzerland, Cardows and H. Stern are also good. I suggest that you research what you want before you leave home so that you have a good idea of what's available and what prices should be. There are good bargains but a good watch is still not cheap. However, just not paying the sales tax alone really helps.

Archived