Questions About Booking Excursions On-Line

I tried to find the answer to this on the RCI website, but couldn't (although I might not have looked hard enough, so if there's a link to the right page of the website, I'll check there).

If I book an excursion on-line, is my credit card charged immediately, or on the day of the excursion (or some other day all together)?

If I book an excursion, is there a time period during which I can cancel (on Princess I think we could cancel up to 24 hours before the actual day of the excursion)?

We'll be on the July 23rd Explorer cruise to Bermuda, and we're trying to decide whether to book excurisons or just do things on our own. Knowing the cancellation policy may help us decide.

Thanks for any information.

Laurel

It's charged immediately to your credit card. You can cancel while on board the ship (I think it's within 24 hours, also), and they will credit your SeaPass account, or the original credit card if they are different.

Some people have had a few problems with the credit by not using the same card on board ship, so that does make it smoother.

We booked our excursions with RC online last year. They charged our credit card the next day. I'm sure glad we booked everything ahead of time Wow:eek: you sould have seen the lines of people booking last minute on the ship While we smiled with a drink in hand and walked on by:D Have a great time on your cruise!

Voyager Western Caribbean 12/16/06

Voyager Esatern Caribbean 11/26/05

S.S. Azure Seas Mex. 11/90

Archived