aeroplan

Ricky Chan

Wow, I couldn't believe I received so many responses, thanks everyone. I appreciated.

Muffin and dmk:

I phoned the no. that both of you gave me and the lady answered the phone(yes, it was a real person) told me that I have to contact Aeroplan directly, it is really frustrating.

I also logged on to Aeroplan webiste as suggested by dmk, but I couldn't do anything after logged on to "specific partners" page, it only showed Celebrity as a partner.

I need further help.

I just came back from Mediterranean cruise in late May, I wonder if I can retroactively get my points, I also have to find a way to get my points for next year's cruise.

Ricky

Canada

to those trying to get a resolution is to REFUSE TO TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!! When you call one of the numbers given, if that person can't help you or tells you something you know is not true, simply tell them you believe they are misinformed and to please transfer you to a more experienced agent, or a supervisor. If the next person doesn't know how to access the " sustomer information screen, " ask to be transferred again,,, and again...and again...Make a note of all the names of the people you talk to so A) you do not waste your time and theirs incase you get back to one of them on the transfer route and B) should you find your way to a supervisor you can let them know just who in their team does not know what is happening and needs some updating on programs. This does nothave to be done in a miserable way.. lets assume they would really like to be providing service which they are obviously NOT doing in 80 % of the cases. I also find asking the name of the agent I am talking to seems to help them realize I really do want to resolve my issue with their help.

Please keep trying.... this is an amazing thread about lack of training and service isn't it?

If the "please transfer me" route does not work I would insist on a supervisor.

I am glad you got your points Ricky Chan. I have to agree muffin that it is ludricrous that so many of Celebrity's reps are cluless about Aeroplan. Hopefully with the number of recent calls someone will request further info their management. I did send an e-mail to Celebrity about the difficulty in getting ones AP number on file , but no reply as yet.

SUCCESS!

Perseverance paid off. Thanks for encouragement everybody!:D

What finally happened... 1-877-202-2250 was overflowing to a different department. The people who answered told me to call 1-888-437-1889 (starting to sound boringly familiar?). They, in turn were overflowing to a different department. This became glaringly clear when the rep who actually spoke with me (after I was transferred a few more times) told me that the number I needed to call was---are you ready for it?--- 1-888-437-1889 (Yes, the number I had dialled, and which we all know now is for RCI not Celebrity.

So I hung up and tried, yet again. The first person (John) transferred me as if he knew what he was doing. The person he transferred me to (Deanne) couldn't help me because mine were Celebrity reservation s (actually six X rez's). However, she did hear me out and gave me a number for customer service (1-800-280-3423) -- then she transferred me to Customer service. Lo and behold, it was RCI's customer service.

I told my lengthening saga (including the 'rumours' that my independent TA would lose commission if Aeroplan #'s were used). I did NOT get brushed off.:eek:

Marshall (bless his heart) was the epitome of customer service. He asked my permission to put me on 'hold' while he tried to solve the confusion. About seven minutes later, he returned, apologetically, and admitted to being stymied - temporarily. He read the entire instructions (he'd just received via email) to me. Apparently the critical part was that the RCI or X Reservation Desk telephone number was necessary.

Of course, my situation is that although I booked four of the cruises while on board Constellation in April, all were transferred to my regular TA. In addition, my other two bookings were booked through my TA. Marshall asked for a telephone number where I could be reached and promised to track down a way to have my Aeroplan # credited -- or a good reason why not.

We had to leave then for an appointment and while we were gone Marshall telephoned back. He had found a way to process our Aeroplan # w/ our future bookings. He left instructions for me to call during business hours the next day.

Getting through to Marshall the next day was a little tricky because, once again the phones for RCI and X were being redirected to whatever # became available. When I was able to get through to the right department, Marshall's line was busy. :rolleyes: Finally (I forget on which attempt), Lisa walked over to Marshall's desk and gave him a note advising him I was on the line. He asked her to let me know he was finishing up with another customer and would call me back in ten minutes.

True to his word, Marshall called within ten minutes with good news. In his words, "you wouldn't believe how easy it is to credit the Aeroplan #'s." Apparently, RCI & X reps do NOT have to input the RCI or X Reservation Desk telephone number (as the instructions stipulate). All they have to do is enter the passenger's Aeroplan # in the special comments section of any existing rservations (booked after November 1, 2005). That is it. It took all of three minutes for both my husband's and my numbers to be added to our six reservations.

We were lucky to get Marshall who is as tenacious as I can be when I believe it to be worth my while.

Good luck to anyone who has yet to get credit were credit is due. I hope the details I've recorded can help expedite the process for you.

Incidentally, Lisa and Marshall both confirmed that the TA will not suffer a reduction in commission as a result of Aeroplan miles being credited to a reservation.

:)

P.S. Nobody, at any time, knew of "Nathan" or "Gwen".

Hi Offtune Angel, glad you finally succeeded. The reason it is difficult to get ahold of someone that others may have used is because even tho one dials a Toll Free line the person receiving the call could be in any number of different states. In other words caller A may be put through to someone at RCI in Miami and caller B using the same number and calling immediately after could be put through to the call centre in another state.So each time you call the number it is not going through to the same call centre so people in a particular centre will have no clue unless you have that individuals extension or can tell them which location.

This is how AP call centres work as well. The rep from AP told me this becos I asked her to ask for Gwen when she made a call for me, as someone earlier had found her to be knowledgeable.The only option at this point is perserverance as we all have discovered.

Ok, I'm sharing with others frustration. My TA conveniently forgot to tell me about aeroplan miles, so, I tried the toll free number. No luck for me. I tried to give them all the information other posters have suggested, but they insist I have to do it through my TA.

My TA happens to be on a cruise this week, so, I'll try to do it with her when she gets back.

It boggles the mind that every person gets such a different experience, and how the service reps are on such different pages when it comes to this.

Oh well, I'll wait and see what happens.

Ok, I'm sharing with others frustration. My TA conveniently forgot to tell me about aeroplan miles, so, I tried the toll free number. No luck for me. I tried to give them all the information other posters have suggested, but they insist I have to do it through my TA. My TA happens to be on a cruise this week, so, I'll try to do it with her when she gets back. It boggles the mind that every person gets such a different experience, and how the service reps are on such different pages when it comes to this. Oh well, I'll wait and see what happens.
bonbon: don't wait for your TA. You're much, much further ahead to persevere on your own. If you are armed with the correct information (that most RCI/Celebrity reps don't have) it should expeditite matters for you.

1. If you've already used the 877-202-2250 (for Celebrity) and 888-437-1889 (for RCI) numbers a couple of times each, it's time to go up the ladder to Customer service 800-280-3423. This will be RCI customer service, but they can access your reservation(s), even if they are Celebrity.
  2. If name dropping (Gwen, Nathan, Marshall) does not work and the CSR does not know "How" to add your number, be prepared to give instructions:

1. The CSR does not need to change your TA's telephone number to a Celebrity Telephone #.
    2. The CSR simply has to call your reservation number up on the screen and go to Special Comments section
    3. At Special Comments, the CSR enters your Aeroplan # (and the Aeroplan # for each person travelling with you on that reservation. THAT'S IT!

As Marshall said it is NOT a complicated procedure.

Keep trying. You do NOT have to have your TA do this for you. (They will get just as big a runaround.) If you do it, you'll know it has been done.

Good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing you've been successful.:)

I just called my TA and she added the numbers. She hadn't heard of Aeroplan before (online US TA) but once I forwarded her to the page where it describes the points, she confirmed that she had added our numbers to the reservation.

Thankfully, it was easy. No hassles.

I just called my TA and she added the numbers. She hadn't heard of Aeroplan before (online US TA) but once I forwarded her to the page where it describes the points, she confirmed that she had added our numbers to the reservation.

Thankfully, it was easy. No hassles.

We had our Aeroplan numbers added to our reservations some time ago. The question now is will this be sufficient for the credit to go to our Aeroplan numbers. I can see us after the cruise calling Celebrity asking why we don't see the points to our Aeroplan accounts. How easy it is to be pessimistic with the kind of run around we have all received.

By the way, has any of you received the Aeroplan points for any of your cruises?

I booked all my sailings on board while cruising and transferred that to a TA...and I have no problem adding all my Aeroplan number to all of them..

All done with my first try..Maybe I just lucky. :D

Having the credit really posted will be another different story....

We had our Aeroplan numbers added to our reservations some time ago. The question now is will this be sufficient for the credit to go to our Aeroplan numbers. I can see us after the cruise calling Celebrity asking why we don't see the points to our Aeroplan accounts. How easy it is to be pessimistic with the kind of run around we have all received.

By the way, has any of you received the Aeroplan points for any of your cruises?

The Mrs and I have been on 2 cruises since the aeroplan offer was introduced last year. After numerous phone calls to RCL, we did finally managed to add our aeroplan numbers to the reservations.

However, we have yet to receive any aeroplan points for our cruises. The usual happens: RCL said: "Please call Aeroplan". Aeroplan said: "Please call RCCL". :mad:

So back to Eliger's Question. " Has anyone actually received any aeroplan point after their cruise?"

Suggestions to proceed?

• 2 weeks later...

I am soooo glad I found this thread. We had noticed months after we booked that they were Aeroplan partners and of course when I phoned I was told - oh no - you have to do that when you first book. Now that I know otherwise I will be on the phone today - we have a 10 day & an 11 day cruise booked so that will really help with the flight arrangements for the next one we book.

Thanks again everyone. Will let you know how I make out - think I'll just bring a teapot up here while I try to get through. :)

Gail

Had no problem getting it done this time - took all of two minutes. And I didn't even have to name drop or anything because Marshall answered. :)

Thanks again.

[quote name='J&G']Had no problem getting it done this time - took all of two minutes. And I didn't even have to name drop or anything because Marshall answered. :) Thanks again.[/quote] I really liked Marshall. I had the impression that he genuinely wants to help people -- a desirable quality in a Customer Service representative, but rare to actually find.

Archived