aeroplan

Ricky Chan

yes Ricky, AC and Celebrity are partners, andyou get 200 points per night of your crusie per person..assumming you both have plan numbers.

If you have not yet booked simply give your TA your plan numbers, If you are playing catch up here is the drill.

Call 1888 437 1889. This is a line for both RCI and Celebrity. whe you get a human, tell them what you want to do. Many agents do not know about this , and it can take awhile and a few calls to get somebody to work with you. I found "Gwen" who helped me out in 30 seconds flat, but it took awile to get to her!!! She said any operator could have helped me. Tell them to go to the " customer information screen" and imput the plan numbers. There is a link on this site already entitled " Special note to Canadians" which has several stories. My post is #41.

I did not know of this partnership and was thrilled to get the information on this site..... how much we learn from each other!

Good luck to you in this quest... just have a coffee handy when you call!!

Fantastic!!!! Hard to believe after 8 cruises you can still learn something... I just called the number listed and they say that since I booked with a TA, the TA would have to input the information... Perhaps I'll call back later and see if someone else can add it.

Wonder if they allow you to add some prior cruises that you never got the points for? I know that is being greedy, but what the heck, I need free points! :D

WOW !!!! THIS IS GREAT !!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

This will be our first cruise - my DH thinks I'm spending too much time researching, planning, reading - esp. on this site but the more I tell him about what I'm learning - the less he complains ! I can add this to the list of 'never would have known ........':) :) :)

You would have thought my TA would have known ???? I just sent her an email !

I just tried and all 3 people I was transferred to had no clue and insisted I had to get my TA to do it. I e-mailed numbers to TA and hopefully she will do it. Being that it is an internet agency and to date Customer service from them has been non-existent , (but thats another story),I am not holding out any hope that she will bother,so I will try again tomorrow thro Celebrity or if all fails will try with Aeroplan after the fact.

I used a different telephone number when I booked last month. Absolutely no problem. My husband and I will be credited 200 miles a day for a 14 day cruise.:D

Here is the telephone number: 1 877 202 2250

I am sure you'll be fine. The representative that answered the phone knew exactly what I was reffering too.

I am an avid aeroplan points watcher and my understanding that the Celebrity/Aeroplan partnership is a new one (nine months or so). As such you won't be getting any points for cruises prior to the inception date.

I booked with an on line TA and had no trouble getting " Gwen" to add my numbers when I phoned myself. I had thought I may have to go through my TA, but she said no. You will see on the site I mentioned here there are several numbers given. I just relayed the one where I found a body who knew what I was talking about!!! Good luck to you all...

Called Celebrity again last night and spoke with a woman who said she would add my Aeroplan numbers to my file but wouldn't guarantee they would work. We'll see... when I get back from my cruise I'll call Aeroplan (not that you can ever get to talk to anyone there) too see.

Here is the telephone number: 1 877 202 2250

This phone no. works beautifully. The message on the line says 'Celebrity Aeroplan Cruise Vacation Desk'. I booked through a TA originally.

I got answers to other questions as well:

- No, it is not retroactive;

- No, it is not in your file so do make sure to provide the nos. everytime you book.

Gosh you guys have all been very lucky. My agent also called and they said no it could not be done as was not booked through them. Finally I called Aeroplan this evening and got them to call Celebrity and find out the procedure, got the AP rep to get name and number of the Celebrity rep she spoke to and called Celebrity immediately.

Nathan was great, took all 4 numbers down and said I was all set. It took literally, 45 seconds, and this after 7 calls over a 2 day period. It seems one just has to get a rep. who knows what to do. I was ready to forget about it after my TA could not get it done, but with 4 people and 2200 points per pp ,and I really did not want to let some free miles go, I figured I would give it once last attempt thro AP. Thanks for the tip about this promo.

This benefit became effective for RCCL and X cruises booked AFTER Nov 1, 2005. Having said that , they honoured a Jan 2007 I booked onboard my med cruise Oct 23. Or, they said they would.

With all the emails I received from Aeroplan I don't recall seeing this celebrity/aeroplan partnership. How did you know about this benefit? Just curious! Wondering if Celebrity will give aeroplan rewards for past cruises after Nov 1st 2005???

With all the emails I received from Aeroplan I don't recall seeing this celebrity/aeroplan partnership. How did you know about this benefit? Just curious! Wondering if Celebrity will give aeroplan rewards for past cruises after Nov 1st 2005???

Go to Aeroplan. Select Earn Miles. Then it says Specific Partners. Click on that and Voila.:)

I booked a Panama Canal cruise on the Summit for Nov./06 while on a cruise last July. Since I booked before November/05, I'm not eligible for the aeroplan miles.

This is just another of many reasons why I won't be cruising Celebrity again.

I booked a Panama Canal cruise on the Summit for Nov./06 while on a cruise last July. Since I booked before November/05, I'm not eligible for the aeroplan miles.

I'm sorry... but you're not going to cruise Celebrity again just because you don't get Aeroplan points? :eek:

Thank you!!!! I had read that before on the boards and forgot about it. When I called 1 877 202-2250 it was for the RCCL group so once he added my Aeroplan # for my cruise Sept. 07, he forwarded my call over to X to add the number for my Oct. 2006 cruise. And I didn't have to wait very long on the phones.

What a nice added bonus - every little bit helps when you're trying to get free flights so you can cruise more!

Betty

Does this mean you won't be flying Air Canada again?:eek: . After all, it is a JOINT venture

I'm sorry... but you're not going to cruise Celebrity again just because you don't get Aeroplan points? :eek:

RickT:

Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I was just annoyed when I got off the phone with Celebrity. Aeroplan really has no bearing on my decision to no longer cruise with Celebrity.

dmk:

I'm still flying Air Canada, although every time I try to book a flight with Aeroplan miles, it costs 50% more miles, so I usually pay cash.

Happy Canada Day, everyone!

I need some clarification, please. I've been told:

• "the Aeroplan miles are only obtainable if you book your cruises through Celebrity's Aeroplan website";
  • "you have to contact Aeroplan for more information";
  • "cruises booked through one's own travel agent do not qualify for";
  • "if you've booked through a travel agent, the travel agent has to apply for your Aeroplan miles for you";
  • "because Aeroplan miles offered by Celebrity are the equivalent of commission to a travel agent, they don't apply to cruises booked by a conventional Travel Agent".

Have I misinterpreted the information on this thread? Of course, when I telephoned, no one new of "Gwen" or "Nathan" and the supervisor ("who designed the program") was not 'there'.

My T/A is U.S. based. We have six Celebrity cruises upcoming (over the next two years), totalling 82 days, and we just completed 19 days of Celebrity cruising. It sure would be nice to get Aeroplan miles for those cruises.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Terry

how incredibly hard it can be to get what is offered by AC and Celebrity in partnersip. I do NOT understand how so many agents can be so incredibly untrained in this area after these many months.

DO NOT GIVE UP Offtune Angel.. The phone number given by dmk has been validated by others who have gotten what they are entitled to...someone even noted the answering message is right on target for our requests.

It does not matter who you booked with, or if you are flying AC to get to the port, or anything else. I used an american online travel agent and did not go through that agent to claim the points. Nobody ever suggested I should.Wouldn't it be fun to try to get somebody from the organizations in question to come online and tell us what is what and What $%*#(%^@() phone number to use to get to somebody who knows something!! I feel your frustration.... i was able to get my points after 5 phone calls and numberous transfers totalling about 45 minutes.... really quite unforgiveable when you think about it....but for 25 days worth of points for 2 of us, I was willing to bite the bullet.

Good luck....

how incredibly hard it can be to get what is offered by AC and Celebrity in partnersip. I do NOT understand how so many agents can be so incredibly untrained in this area after these many months.

DO NOT GIVE UP Offtune Angel.. The phone number given by dmk has been validated by others who have gotten what they are entitled to...someone even noted the answering message is right on target for our requests.

It does not matter who you booked with, or if you are flying AC to get to the port, or anything else. I used an american online travel agent and did not go through that agent to claim the points. Nobody ever suggested I should.Wouldn't it be fun to try to get somebody from the organizations in question to come online and tell us what is what and What $%*#(%^@() phone number to use to get to somebody who knows something!! I feel your frustration.... i was able to get my points after 5 phone calls and numberous transfers totalling about 45 minutes.... really quite unforgiveable when you think about it....but for 25 days worth of points for 2 of us, I was willing to bite the bullet.

Good luck....

Thanks for the commiseration, muffin. I'll keep plugging away. 81 days x 200 points is too good to pass up.

Archived