What are my chances?

Italy52

DH and I have sailed two Princess cruises to Alaska: Inside Passage and Voyage of the Glaciers and enjoyed them very much. HAL has a wonderful 5/2007 itinerary that we would like to try: Seattle-Sea Day-Juneau-Hubbard Glacier-Sitka-Ketchikan-Victoria-Seattle. My dilema is, we can't make any plans until after the first of the next year. I know that balcony cabins go fast. I am a Mariner member and also know that from time to time, HAL does run sales on balcony cabins. From past experience, can any one tell me if I have a good chance of getting a balcony cabin if I book late? Does any one know what month(s) HAL runs their Alaska sales? I don't want to book now and cancel later. Thanks for your input and time in responding to my question.

My experience has been that you have a fairly good chance of booking an early or late season Alaska balcony cabin at discounted fares. That is, May or September would be prime months for later bookings. For example, they are now running some five day flash sales on September departures.

Be aware that most if not all Seattle departures are not inside passage cruises.

Gary

My experience has been that you have a fairly good chance of booking an early or late season Alaska balcony cabin at discounted fares. That is, May or September would be prime months for later bookings. For example, they are now running some five day flash sales on September departures.

Be aware that most if not all Seattle departures are not inside passage cruises.

Gary

Thanks for your input. Where did you find the information about "flash sales?"

If you can agree on a date, book what you want and then if you have to cancel before the final payment is due you still haven't lost anything.

Deciding on a cruise date, is the easy part. The dilema is, I have some family conflicts that figure into the equation. If I choose the date we want to cruise, there is a HUGE chance (99.9%) I might not be able to cancel in time to get my money back. So, I will have to sit it out and hope for the best. If it doesn't work out, there is always next year. Thanks for your input.

Archived