"666"

hammybee

Thought some of you might get a kick out of this story.

My (almost 18 year old) daughter emptied the dryer today and noticed "666" on the inside of the bottom seam of one of my tee-shirts. She came charging in with it and many of her clothes asking what was going on here. She said much of her clothing was turning up with this marking and it was really creeping her out. It took me a minute to figure out the common link, all of these articles were washed by HAL on our last cruise and this was the marking that must have been used to identify our laundry versus other cabins which got me to thinking about mixed cabin laundry...... funny, this is the first time I noticed it.

As posted elsewhere today, I need to get a life or better yet get on a ship.

Lynn

My (almost 18 year old) daughter emptied the dryer today and noticed "666" on the inside of the bottom seam of one of my tee-shirts. She came charging in with it and many of her clothes asking what was going on here. She said much of her clothing was turning up with this marking and it was really creeping her out. It took me a minute to figure out the common link, all of these articles were washed by HAL on our last cruise and this was the marking that must have been used to identify our laundry versus other cabins which got me to thinking about mixed cabin laundry...... funny, this is the first time I noticed it.

Lynn

LOL, That's funny and kinda freaky at the same time...hmm...seen the Exorcist lately?

There is a very logical explanaion for this that HAL had hoped you would never find out .

Your real laundry was destroyed during the washing process aboard ship. However that same day there was a load of clothes exactly like yours that had been abandoned after the rightful owner (a pax on a previous cruise)died

They figured by just replacing your clothes with the abandoned clothes, you would not have to suffer the loss of ruined laundry, and the dead passengers clothes would have a good home.

HAL just hoped that it would never be revealed that these were the clothes of SATAN. *LOL*

* I am just praying that someone here has seen "The Omen" and gets this, and doesn't just think that I am crazy *LOL*

I still have a few pieces marked from my December cruise and I tell my family do not touch them they are precious to me.........

My parents phone number for the last 30 years is 966-6661. I have heard it all about this number.

Linda

I have a few pieces with the labels still on from last fall. That got me to thinking. We will be using HAL's laundry service in a few weeks. Will they take the old labels off, or simply put new ones on?

I found a Noordam T-shirt that DH had from our very first HAL cruise. It looked new and unworn to me and I was shaking my head how long that thing had sat in his drawer. Then I noticed there was the small HAL sticker in it with a number that indicated it had been sent out to be laundered while aboard Noordam.

Think I should bring the 'old' Noordam T shirt to the gorgeous new Noordam when we sail her???

which got me to thinking about mixed cabin laundry...... .

Lynn

I've wondered about this too. I guess they must put clothes from different cabins into the same washing machine at the same time. Not sure how I feel about this.

I've wondered about this too. I guess they must put clothes from different cabins into the same washing machine at the same time. Not sure how I feel about this.

Did you really think that they would wash cabin xxx's 3 shirts in a load all by themselves when they have mega-capacity washers to work with?

About a month ago I found a piece from last year. Somehow finding that little piece of paper made me sad......wishing I was going away before October.

Funny, our HAL cruise was last September and we had the unlimited laundry package. Just the other day I was trying to figure out what was scratching the back of my neck. Turns out it was the little yellow tag with our cabin nuber 7130. :rolleyes: They keep turning up! It makes me think "how much longer till our next cruise?"

Lynn

Wow, that is really unusual! Not about the number, but you have an 18 year old daughter that empties the dryer? Do you think she could teach my 24 year old to do it? We've been trying for years with no success.

Archived