mandoo vs sunsation?

mudcatmike

We are on the Emerald Princess in Grenada on January 20. We are taking the tour with Mandoo. He responded to me and told me the price is $45 per person. I hope we don't have too much trouble getting ashore and on to our tour in good time.

You've beaten us to it on this one. Is your tour with him full as I've just started researching the itinerary and Grenada is next up?

Colin:) :)

We booked with Mandoo even though his tour was the exact one offered by Princess for $49.00; his is $45.00. I was tempted to book with the cruise line only because of the "nerves" factor of getting back to the ship on time, but Mandoo assured me that he will have us back in time and the reviews from members here have been so positive I decided to give him a try. I hope I did the right thing; we sail next Saturday.

we've done Mandoo's tour and it is still one of our most favorite tours....unfortunatly a hurricane came through the week after our tour and took out most of the island!

great to see Grenada coming back! Mandoo is such a great/knowledgable guide I wish they would all be that good!

I'm also looking at taking a tour in Grenada and cannot decide ship or private. How did you find out how many ships were in port the same day as you ? When I went to the V I Port web site it only gave me information for October. We are there on 18 Jan 2008 . We are thinking of booking with A & E Tours. Half day is $35 web site below.

www.grenadaguide.co./aetours

I'm also looking at taking a tour in Grenada and cannot decide ship or private. How did you find out how many ships were in port the same day as you ? When I went to the V I Port web site it only gave me information for October. We are there on 18 Jan 2008 . We are thinking of booking with A & E Tours. Half day is $35 web site below.

www.grenadaguide.co./aetours

Take a look at www.CruiseShipCalendar.com and scroll the date to January 2008. You will also be able to see which other ships are in all our ports of call!!

i must join the cheering squad for mandoo. we have been cruising at least once a year and sometimes twice a year over the last 17 years. originally we took the ship's tours. now we always take tours that we book directly. with the proliferation of info such as this on the internet, it is so much easier to find tours that meet your taste.

as for mandoo, he, himself, was worth the price of admission, just to listen to and discuss the politics of grenada and tourism with him. he is known and loved everywhere in grenada and has a passion for his country. and then on top of that the tour is fabulous as was the restaurant we went to. you cannot miss with him. not just the best tour in grenada, i would say his was the best tour we have taken in the caribbean.

steve

i must join the cheering squad for mandoo. we have been cruising at least once a year and sometimes twice a year over the last 17 years. originally we took the ship's tours. now we always take tours that we book directly. with the proliferation of info such as this on the internet, it is so much easier to find tours that meet your taste.

as for mandoo, he, himself, was worth the price of admission, just to listen to and discuss the politics of grenada and tourism with him. he is known and loved everywhere in grenada and has a passion for his country. and then on top of that the tour is fabulous as was the restaurant we went to. you cannot miss with him. not just the best tour in grenada, i would say his was the best tour we have taken in the caribbean.

steve

Steve: What a wonderful review. I will really be looking forward to this tour in January. We are also visiting Aruba, Bonaire, and Dominica on our tour. Do you have any specific tours that you have loved in any of this ports? Thanks!

we have never been to bonaire, but that is one place i would look for a snorkeling option.

as for aruba, i never have taken a tour as we have gone there 4x on one week vacations. there is little to see as far as sights, and with the natural bridge collapsing, there is even less. we generally use this stop as an extra 'day at sea' or just head to a beach. for some local feel, try moomba beach. they have a web site.

dominica is one of the most beautiful and less developed of the islands. i have not been there for about 12 years and i am sure the tour options have increased. we took a tour of the rainforest and the falls through the cruise line. they were beautiful. things have changed rapidly, and perhaps today they have their own 'mandoo'.

enjoy your cruise. you have a wonderful itinerary. what cruise line is offering this?

steve

You've beaten us to it on this one. Is your tour with him full as I've just started researching the itinerary and Grenada is next up?

I just got off of the phone with him about five minutes ago and he is adding another bus. He did assure me that he does all the narration at the stops.

Use the website: http://www.grenadatours.com

or email : Mandoo@grenadatours.com

Half day tour 1p-5p $45.00PP

we have never been to bonaire, but that is one place i would look for a snorkeling option.

as for aruba, i never have taken a tour as we have gone there 4x on one week vacations. there is little to see as far as sights, and with the natural bridge collapsing, there is even less. we generally use this stop as an extra 'day at sea' or just head to a beach. for some local feel, try moomba beach. they have a web site.

dominica is one of the most beautiful and less developed of the islands. i have not been there for about 12 years and i am sure the tour options have increased. we took a tour of the rainforest and the falls through the cruise line. they were beautiful. things have changed rapidly, and perhaps today they have their own 'mandoo'.

enjoy your cruise. you have a wonderful itinerary. what cruise line is offering this?

steve

Thanks for the info. We are sailing on the Emerald Princess. We loved the itinerary as we were looking for islands that are a bit off the beaten path. Can't wait!

• 2 years later...

I'd also like to recommend Sunsation. We had a great time and got a lot of information on our 1/2 day private tour for 3 of us. They offer tours in different languages and are partner of the German cruise line AIDA.

Whatever you plan: Get out of the town and see the island! We felt very safe and had a wonderful time.

Archived