Non-stop flights

cruisintwinsmom

How does one find nonstop flights? It looks like the flight we took to amsterdam from CVG this year is not scheduled for next year. How can I find another one, even from a surrounding airport? So far my search has been futile.

Thanks in advance for your help.

How does one find nonstop flights? It looks like the flight we took to amsterdam from CVG this year is not scheduled for next year. How can I find another one, even from a surrounding airport? So far my search has been futile.
What I'd suggest is this. Go to the ITA Software demo page.

Use CVG as the starting airport and AMS as the destination.

But set the surrounding airports distance for CVG to the maximum (300 miles).

Choose the nonstops only option.

This should then show you where the nearest non-stop flights to Amsterdam depart from. You can then narrow down that distance to find the closest convenient departure point to you.

It's a great search tool, that one!

Thanks for the input.

I had used ita, but when i looked at where they were flying me into then put that city as the origination point, it still wasn't giving me a non-stop flight.

I have to wait a day for the return to be in the 330 days, however, the outbound flight isn't showing up as non-stop.

Also just because you are at the magical 330-day mark does not mean that the airline has to post the schedule at that point. In many cases routes will be added/dropped through-out the year (and just because it shows up at 330 days out does not mean that the airline can't cancel that route later on).

I have to wait a day for the return to be in the 330 days, however, the outbound flight isn't showing up as non-stop.
Technicalities like that aren't likely to make much of a difference. Although it's not set in stone, slot restrictions at many airports mean that airlines tend to schedule international flights for an entire season. The northern summer season starts on time change day in the northern spring (last Sunday in March) and ends on time change day in the northern autumn (last Sunday in October).

So if there isn't a CVG-AMS flight for May next year, the chances are that it won't be operating in June either.

(The reason that slots are important is that you are allocated a slot for an entire season. Normally, you must use that slot for at least 85% of the possible opportunities, or else you lose the right to automatically retain the same slot in the corresponding season next year. When slots change hands at several million pounds a pair, a good slot isn't something you want to lose by accident.)

However, JJPNYC's suggestion that it may just be because DL has not yet fixed its schedules for next northern summer may be the explanation as well.

It looks like your nearest reliable options for non-stops are Chicago or Detroit. But as your travel is so far away, you have the luxury of waiting for a bit to see what DL does.

Delta has cut back the flights at CVG significantly in the last year or so, so maybe they decided CVG-AMS wasn't going to be as good a route as previously when they had more domestic flights feeding traffic to CVG.

I would suggest that you look at flights from Detroit (DTW) to AMS. NW has been running 3-4 non-stops per day to feed KLM's hub there.

I echo the thoughts on DL. They are reducing service at CVG and focusing EVERYTHING through ATL (or so it seems). You would fly a 767 on DL or an A330 on NW - the 330 has much better inflight entertainment (IFE) both in coach and business than the 767.

IYou would fly a 767 on DL or an A330 on NW - the 330 has much better inflight entertainment (IFE) both in coach and business than the 767.

I have to say the entertainment on Delta was horrible (and that's an understatement). On the way over, the NEW system wouldn't play a movie, so most of the way over all we saw was the map. On the way back, on the OLD system, the audio didn't work on our section of the plane. I'm not good at reading lips, sooooo....... I'm not hooked on DL, it was just a convenient flight from Louisville. Will look into NW.

Another place to start (not finish) looking for non-stops is:

http://www.eskyguide.com

Set the parameters for non-stop flights between your city pairs. A couple of caveats:

1. Southwest flights are not listed, but other majors and many minors are

2. If you pick a random day for research, you might miss non-stops that are scheduled only once or twice a week

3. Even if your flight date is beyond the current schedules, it's useful to know, say, that AF flys non-stop between your city pairs now. It's likely (though not guaranteed) they will have non-stop flights later.

Archived