Crown Princess - Obstructed Oceanview

CruiseJunkie66

I'm sailing the Crown in September and am booked into a category F obstructed oceanview cabin - was wondering if anybody can tell me how obstructed the view actually is? Will I still get some sunlight into the cabin? Will I be able to tell if it's raining, sunny, etc? Any info provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You should check the deck plans and find your specific cabin. See if it looks like it is between lifeboats. If it is, you will have some kind of view....maybe even a good one. We had E605 (category FF) on the Star and our view had very little obstruction. I can post a picture from inside the cabin if you want me to. If it looks like your cabin is directly blocked by lifeboats, you probably won't have a view but you should get some daylight.

We just went on Crown and stayed in room E320 which shows a life boat directly in front of it, which it was, however, the top of the lifeboat only came to the bottom of our window. We had a pretty much perfect view. I would get that category again in a second. Another couple we were with stayed in E510 and it showed them in between lifeboats, which they were, but the back of the lifeboat is taller so they could only see out their window to the left. The right view was blocked. So it's hard to go by the map to figure out how good your view will be. However, there are a couple life boats that are bigger than the others towards the back of the ship that they also use for tendering. They may block your view more but not sure. I still think the money you save by getting one of the rooms on Emereld deck is totally worth it. It's not like you sit in front of the window staring out it 24x7. It's good enough to look out when you want to see what it's like outside and where you are. Plus you get more space compared to an inside cabin. I can say we woke up on the last day as we sailed past the Statue of Liberty. We could lay in bed and we had a magnificent view. Made an excellent end to an awesome cruise.

Would like to see any photo's of obstructed view cabins. We will be in E508 on Coral Princess. It is a cabin that looks like it its between the lifeboats. Does anyon have any photos of that type of cabin?

• 11 years later...
Poop. Why can I no longer insert an image into my reply? It's worked flawlessly for a very long time but now... :confused::confused::confused:

E504x.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpEQ0JSxhh-dZWWh_q_tKtauvaAk_fY2RpM-elz39BztLdEW_BNQH7kwrwzZsQUo9yFN_r9TEuOvebweodIrn4TZjU4g8QAug4nTN8cZFDmnOnyR6Fu5PFgo_pVK4-V4G0QRqtPxyt6grg-llYtDH0Ci1u8g0ff3jQj5Q8EX4tBza09QNfJia8YNTrLLGDk0iUyLm9WPa2WrxbG4OARR_0fowQYerV8FL1MFAPWmXTkUzzTcKWNvg-wGPwmMO5Qlw-kuEOy&attredirects=0

E504x.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpEQ0JSxhh-dZWWh_q_tKtauvaAk_fY2RpM-elz39BztLdEW_BNQH7kwrwzZsQUo9yFN_r9TEuOvebweodIrn4TZjU4g8QAug4nTN8cZFDmnOnyR6Fu5PFgo_pVK4-V4G0QRqtPxyt6grg-llYtDH0Ci1u8g0ff3jQj5Q8EX4tBza09QNfJia8YNTrLLGDk0iUyLm9WPa2WrxbG4OARR_0fowQYerV8FL1MFAPWmXTkUzzTcKWNvg-wGPwmMO5Qlw-kuEOy&attredirects=0

Thrak, Your The Rowboat’s IT guy if you can’t fix it were in big trouble :eek:

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony