Santorini Question

Does anyone know about how much it costs to take a taxi to Oia ?

I dont want to do the ship tour and I have heard that the buses can be pretty scary. I thought a taxi would be best, but curious about costs.

Thanks

Jodee

Nothing scary in my opinion either. We rented a car for the day for 30 euros and it was fairly easy driving. Of course that was for stick shift, but since I learned stick in Boulder, Colorado I had no problem :)

Thanks everyone for your help, I had read several posts in the past saying that the cliffs were so steep, the roads were so narrow and of course the size of a bus in those conditions was a very scary experience. I thought a taxi would be safer, but now it sounds as though I really dont need to worry, the bus should be fine.

How often do the buses run to Oia ?

Thanks all

jodee

In my experience, taxi drivers tend to be scarier than bus drivers. Possibly because cab drivers can be in a hurry to get back to pick up more tourists, while bus drivers usually have no financial incentive to deviate from the schedule.

Taxis wanted 20 Euros, took the more winding roads to "justify" the cost and we kissed the ground when we got to Oia. Bus back was 1.2 Euros and took 1/2 the time along a more direct route. Wish we had used the bus to get to Oia in the 1st place. No worry over when to get off since Fira and Oia are the end of the line each way.

Last time we were suppose to stop in Santorini the port was cancelled due to rough seas. This time the kids must ride the donkeys-does anyone know how we go about it? Thanks!

Last time we were suppose to stop in Santorini the port was cancelled due to rough seas. This time the kids must ride the donkeys-does anyone know how we go about it? Thanks!

when you get off the tender turn Right the donkeys are right by the stairs.

We were on a cruise stop in Santorini in June. A woman we knew fell off a donkey on the way up and cracked two ribs. She told us they took her to the hospital and released her. (It was her choice not to go on to a hospital in Athens, but to continue the cruise.) Fortunately, this happened to her in the AM and she made it back to the ship after her time at the hospital. I just wanted to warn you to be careful with your children. The stairs can be slippery, even for the donkeys.

Just came back from the Med in June, ur going to have an excellent time!! wish I was going again!!

I would advise taking the lift up the side of the mountain. I hate heights so I looked forward the entire time and never looked back.

The donkeys could look like fun but I know if ur not accostommed to riding, i think certain parts of your body will be ather sore the next day and the next. Not to mention.....you kinda smell a lil like a donkey too all day.

We took the local bus to Oia...what a beautiful town...feel in love with it!! It was no scarier than driving down the Almafi coast with their cliffs. The buses seemed very reliable and would recommend them.

Have a great time!!:)

Archived