Non Seafood Restaurant

ellyzma

One of our favorite non-seafood restuarants is Virgilio's La Trattoria on the corner of Duval and Appelrouth. It has fabulous Italian cuisine and a great wine list of Italian wine. It has a charming atmosphere. We always request on of the two tables in the lace-curtained bay windows that look out on Duval and the fascinating passers-by. I have to add that they have the BEST chocolate martini I have ever had anywhere. They open at 5:30 at night.

Another would be El Meson de Pepe near Mallory Square which is authentic Cuban cuisine. If you are there at night they have a wonderful salsa and merengue band. They serve a potent mojito.

Mangoes is a pleasant place on Duval with outdoor seating and a cooling soft spray mist on hot days. They open for lunch.

There is a Hard Rock Cafe if that is your taste. It is on Duval and has outdoor seating.

Margaritaville and many of the Duval bars serve typical bar fare, hambugers, etc. They are open early, around 10:00AM.

Right on the water is Louie's Backyard, a very popular Key West place. Don Shula's Steakhouse is popular. I've never eaten there, but we always swear we are going to.

There are so many restaurants on Duval and so many different kinds, you can just walk along Duval and see what suits your pleasure at the moment.

I would suggest:

Michael's - great beef

Blue Heaven - wonderful pork loin

Cafe Sole - they have some non-fish entrees and their Portobello soup is worth the trip alone

Have fun

Clay - a former Key West local

I don't eat seafood either (shellfish allergy), but I never go hungry in Key West. Here are some of my favorites:

El Siboney on Catherine & Margaret -- great Cuban food (and sangria!) at really good prices (five of us had dinner for $74 plus tip and that included a pitcher of sangria). Closed on Sunday, I think.

Salsa Loca - 918 Duval Street -- excellent Mexican food, great atmosphere on the back patio, friendly staff.

Blue Heaven on Petronia & Thomas - wonderful breakfast! We had lunch there in December and I thought it was just OK. The condo we rented for a week last month was just down the street from Blue Heaven, so we gave it another try for breakfast. It was so good we went back the next day. ;)

Wille T's -- fun outdoor restaurant/bar at 525 Duval Street -- delicious food & good drink specials.

Have fun! I'm counting the days until our next trip in October!

Archived