Question about Caribe floor rooms vs Aloha and Baja

cccruising

We have two side by side rooms book mid-ship on the Caribe floor of the Crown Princess for a New Years Eve cruise. Our TA has advised us that we can save $1000 if we move to Aloha or Baja floors. By reading the boards I think that I see the balcony on Caribe is better than Baja or Aloha. Are there any other differences? Can anyone give me any other advice to help me make this decision? Thanks!!!!:)

>>>We have two side by side rooms book mid-ship on the Caribe floor of the Crown Princess for a New Years Eve cruise. Our TA has advised us that we can save $1000 if we move to Aloha or Baja floors….

If you are positive that your cabins are adjoining, be aware you can have the passage opened on the balcony. This will give you a HUGE open area, 22’x12’ about the size of a third cabin, for your two parties to use. 2 tables, 4 chairs and 4 loungers that can be stacked up out of the way or spread out. If I had already spent the money in my mind, I would stay on Caribe.

Anything that doesn't kill you, just hurts a hell of a lot

Sea Princess

Star Princess

Carnival Pride

Diamond Princess

Sapphire Princess

If I'm not mistaken, if you are on the Baja or Caribe decks, you will have passenger cabins above you; on the Aloha you may have public areas above you - which could be noisy if they are moving the chairs around to swab the deck at all hours of the day and night. Not sure about the Crown, specifically though.

I like midship Caribe balconies so much that I almost never choose anything else, even with great deals on suites or minis elsewhere on the ship. We get a LOT of use out of our balcony, so that's a big consideration for us. But, $1000 difference between BA/BB and other B-category cabins is quite a bit. (I'm assuming that's $250/pp.) I might be tempted to switch to Baja for that amount.

I love Caribe deck also, but for $1000 bucks I might consider moving. How much room on the balcony do you really need at any given time? Unless you are planning on inviting people in for drinks on the balcony there is plenty of room for two, even four on the Baja balconies. One consideration however is if you are Sun worshipers and want to be able to soak up the sun on your balcony you are better off staying with the Caribe deck. The balconies on Aloha and Baja are covered. Caribe balconies are only half covered.

Just some things to consider...

Above the Caribe, Aloha, and Baja decks are residential decks. There are no public facilities on these decks, with the exception of the Terrace Pool at the rear of the Riviera deck. This should not be an issue as I believe it is accessed from the outside. It is an adult only pool as well. It would be only over the Owner's Suites and Premium Suites found at the rear of the Aloha deck.

Also while the Caribe balconys are bigger and still partially covered, keep in mind that you will still not have total privacy. In some instances you may wish to be closer to the rail (arriving or leaving ports) and so you may be visible. Plus I suppose someone could repel down the side of their balcony into the ones on Caribe... :D (just kidding, though I suppose it is possible)

$1000 is quite a bit of money, so I would recommend taking the change, so long as you can still get adjacent cabins and they are still in the location you desire as far as midships, etc.

Brian

Archived