lunch on cave tubing excursions?

LHARTWICK

For those of you who have done the cave tubing, what kind of lunch do you get with these: X-treme cave tubing, cave-tubing.com, NCQ, and Major Tom. We are trying to decide between these and the websites don't give much detail about what kind of food is served for lunch. These all sound like great companies since they all get rave reviews here. Any advice is appreciated - we'll be on the Miracle in September!

Most of them stop at a place that serves bbq chicken, rice, and a couple of other items and a drink for about $5. All of the reviews I have read were very positive about the lunch.

We went tubing with Yhony last week and I was really looking forward to the lunch. There are two things that might keep you from having lunch (at least with Yhony). The first is they take a vote to see what the majority on the bus want to do (some would rather get back to the ship or the port to shop). The second is the time factor. Last week there were some cruisers from the Miracle on our tour with Yhony, and since that ship left an hour before the Valor we didn't have time to stop.

The time factor, in our case, might not always be an issue. But we had a pretty full bus so it seemed to take longer getting everyone ready, from point A to B, and getting down the river.

John

We did the cave tubing with yhonny on 6/20. I had my 2 kids with me, 11 & 15 and they both had a blast. Richard, our guide, made sure he knew where they both were the entire time down the river. After our tour, our group of 10 decided to stop at Cheers for lunch as we still had plenty of time. Lunch consited of rice and beans with a bbq like chicken. Both of kids are picky eaters but loved it and ate every bite. They do also have other things at Cheers, but this is the quickest thing to get. Richard called ahead and had it waiting for us when we got there so we could eat and get back to town for a little shopping before heading back to the ship.

One word of warning, when you return, go back inside the port area. Don't go into the town itself. We tried to, and within 5 minutes we were back in port. Too many overly pushy vendors its actually scary for the kids. :mad:

Overall wonderful day. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived