Digital camera oboard Explorer-downloading?

This may be a very stupid question. But here I go anyway, does the Explorer have a station where you can download your digital camera pictures onto a cd? Then I would not have to worry about buying another memory stick to hold more photo's. I figured with the technology now a days that maybe they would.

I was on the Navigator OTS in August 2004 and I had my film developed and printed to CDs (no prints). So I am sure you can download digital photos and make a CD. In fact, I can do that myself with my laptop, so it should be fairly easy for the ship to do it also.

Don't know if the Inernet computers that are available are capable, but they will do it for you for a charge. I think it is in one of the shops where they offer film developing.

If you have a laptop, take it and download all you want. I think it is always worth it to take along an extra memory stick (usually about $50 or less for 1/2 a gig). Not only for convenience but in case something happens to the first one.

Hope this helps.

I always figured it could be a good opportunity for tip money... or at least a few free drinks to take a pack of extra CDs along with a multi-card reader and offer to burn pics to CDs for about half what the ship charged... :D I suspect the ship might not like that too much, however!

Theron

Yes! We were on Explorer in May, and I remember seeing this in the Photo area and thinking it was expensive, but it certainly is an option. I think it was about $20.00? I can't recall, but it's (obviously!) more expensive than you could do it for at home.

The computers in the Internet café do not offer this service - only in the Photo shop.

Have a great time! Explorer is a magnificent ship.

Hi Lisa,

Yes, I agree the memory stick is the better option because you will always use it, not just for your cruise but for the life of your camera. You can always take a few extra minutes at the end of the day and just go through your digi pics, deleting the ones you don't want; this will also free up space.

By the way, not a stupid question at all and I'm so glad I knew the answer so I could help you! I love these boards and often will contribute in a general way, but this one I knew about. :)

Have fun.

~Karen

Go to ypur local CVS or other RX that does pictures and pick up a case for storring your memory sticks in. they are so small it is easy to lose one . a good friend lost one with all their hawaii pictures on it.

Archived