I finally got hubby a tux!

I know this isn't something most people care about, but I just had to share my successful accomplishment. I didn't have to beat him, drug him or force him at gunpoint to get a tux. He went peacefully, and we got a really nice tux for a really great price! It took me a while to get through his thick skull that as much as we cruise, it's not like it will never get worn, and as much money as I spend on renting a tux every time it will pay for itself in the long run. :D

I've tried, he refuses. I did finally talk him into a new black suit, he thinks the old one was fine, since he hardly ever wears it. Can you say dated??? I also made sure the jacket was a two button with a more tuxedo cut, rather than a more modern 3 button jacket. While I like the 3 button, it did look more "business" than dressy.

All in all, I count my blessing every day for only having these trivial concerns. My fortune in life has never been better than the last 5 -10 years. I am happy to be cruising, discussing these issues with all of you and not having any "real" problems.

Congratulations on your (his) new tux!

Of course we care. If you were successful, there is hope for us! I never really approached DH about this, but it's a really good idea. I love to see him all decked out like that and we do love cruising...it just makes sense to have one, right?

WHY? I used to insist that my hubby bring and wear his tux. He was not happy. This time, he just brought a suit. He was much happier. Took much less clothes. Airline lost our luggage anyways. Less to lose, less choices to wear. Still had a great cruise. Next time, carry on.

This must be tux buying week - I took my DH to get a tux this weekend as well. He was dragging his feet on the way there, but after he got it (a local warehouse-type store was having a great sale this weekend, for the whole set - tux, shirt, cummerbund, bowtie, buttons and cufflinks), it was all he could do to sit still on the way home and try the whole thing on.

There is just something about a man in a tux...

Archived