Constellation -- Laundry Question

locustpatch

There are no self serve laundry facilities on any of the Celebrity ships.

Hand wash.....or you can send the items out~the prices for cleaning

are not that bad.

While I hate to do it, for a long cruise (10-14 days) my wife and I pack a 3rd suitcase to ensure we have enough clean clothing. By using a 3rd suitcase we aren't over packing 2 suitcases. It also allows for some extra room to carry those things my wife usually buys.

Would be nice to have somewhere to wash your clothing... but what the heck, you're on vacation and why bother. The ship board laundry service comes in handy if you have an accident and want something cleaned right away. For my next cruise I'll probably use it for some dress shirts so I don't have to pack as many.

I pack enough underwear for the entire trip. Send out shirts / pants / dress shirts / etc to the laundry - comes back fresh, clean, ironed. What a deal. And I didn't have to do anything but fill out the tag.:D

Going through the Panama Canal, I spent half the day at the self service - never again!:mad:

We calculated the cost of sending out laundry on cruises of more than 7 days against the total expense of the cruise and it was insignificant. May do some hand washing of undies if I didn't pack enough but that's it. They do a great job on shirts, slacks, etc. and some people say that they send their fancy duds out at the beginning of the cruise because it's less expensive than cleaners at home and things are not wrinkled! Haven't tried that (yet)!

Bring Old Underwear And Toss EM Or Buy Cheap 2nds From Marshalls And Toss Them.it Can Be Cheaper Than Paying A Buck Each To Have Them Cleaned And You'll Have Extra Space For The Goodies You Bring Home....................................frank

We find that the dry cleaning on the ship is cheaper than we can have it done locally so we wait to we get to the ship and have everything done there. That way we have no problems with wrinkles.

I agree with the cost being insignificant -- 1 martini (with tip) is about 9 pairs of mens underwear. And what the heck -- he can wear inside out and backwards if he need to-- LOL.

We were able to manage 30 days at sea with what I would normally take on a 14 day cruise.

My wife and I are booked on a 14 day'er. We are bringing along 2 bags we affectionately call "Too Big One" and "Too Big Two". We still plan to send a little stuff out to be cleaned. I recall prices are OK.

We find that the dry cleaning on the ship is cheaper than we can have it done locally so we wait to we get to the ship and have everything done there. That way we have no problems with wrinkles.

I agree with the cost being insignificant -- 1 martini (with tip) is about 9 pairs of mens underwear. And what the heck -- he can wear inside out and backwards if he need to-- LOL.

We were able to manage 30 days at sea with what I would normally take on a 14 day cruise.

Another option would be to go "commando." LOL

Another option would be to go "commando." LOL

EW... :eek:

I have to say, the prices on Celebrity were cheaper (and the services faster) than drycleaning at my usual drycleaner. I just went to pick up my cleaning from the cruise, and compared to my laundry on the Connie...I should have done thrown wrinkle worries to the wind and gotten everything cleaned one more time by Celebrity!

Archived